or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 2098

post #31456 of 35996

Meanwhile, at the low end of the market...

 

post #31457 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post
 

Meanwhile, at the low end of the market...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I wonder who is making them for Fossil.

It appears to be an interesting entry level Swiss watch.

At $700-$1000 there is a decent amount of competition, but the designs look pretty solid.

http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/fossil_swiss.html

post #31458 of 35996
So, from the sounds of it the new Sea Dweller is rolling out to a store near you!

I am really excited to see it in the flesh.

As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.

Also, Keith--I look forward to seeing that strap. I think it is going to look incredibly badass.
post #31459 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

So, from the sounds of it the new Sea Dweller is rolling out to a store near you!

I am really excited to see it in the flesh.

As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.

Also, Keith--I look forward to seeing that strap. I think it is going to look incredibly badass.

Awesome, Congratulations!

post #31460 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.
.

Many congratulations Newc icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #31461 of 35996

Congrats Nuke!

post #31462 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winot View Post

I'm thinking of getting a Lange & Sohne Saxonia Dualtime, either in due course new or pre-owned (if available):

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/images/watches/385026.jpg

I love the look and the feel on the wrist, it's a good size for me and seems to be a very elegant way to show a dual time zone. The downside is the cost (£22K retail in London).

Any thoughts?

I haven't tried one on in person, but the quality is top notch.  My only issue with it, is a small detail.  I'm not in love the with seconds hand being so large that it takes up most of the bottom have of the dial from the 6 position to the hands.  I wish it were a tad smaller, more like the size of the second timezone hand.  Or if one subdial was going to be larger, I'd have preferred the second timezone subdial to be at the bottom and be larger, since that is the one that I would need to look at to get information at a glance.  The subdial for seconds is less important at a glance, so I'd have preferred it be the smaller dial at the 12 position.  That's my only issue with the watch, and as mentioned, that's a model I haven't tried on.  However, they make a top quality product and if you love it then go for it!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.

Congrats on passing the Texas Bar.  ....I always thought it was amusing that they called an all gold Rolex a Texas Timex.  I'm guessing you also know they used to refer to two tone Rolex watches as "Half a Rolex?"  I don't think I've ever heard them give a nickname to a ss Rolex.  Anyway, congrats on passing the TX Bar.

post #31463 of 35996
Congratulations Nuke!!!

Ugly Patek! Ugly watch! Hulk SMASH!

y7avyqad.jpg
post #31464 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winot View Post

I'm thinking of getting a Lange & Sohne Saxonia Dualtime, either in due course new or pre-owned (if available):

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/images/watches/385026.jpg

I love the look and the feel on the wrist, it's a good size for me and seems to be a very elegant way to show a dual time zone. The downside is the cost (£22K retail in London).

Any thoughts?

If price is an issue you could look at the JLC Dual Time. You can't go wrong with a Lange, and even though I like their dual time, it would not be the first Lange on my list.

post #31465 of 35996
congrats Nuke. I think the new SD would be a fantastic way to celebrate. Hey you only pass the Texas bar once, right?
post #31466 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Awesome, Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Many congratulations Newc icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

Congrats Nuke!

Thanks a lot guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Congrats on passing the Texas Bar.  ....I always thought it was amusing that they called an all gold Rolex a Texas Timex.  I'm guessing you also know they used to refer to two tone Rolex watches as "Half a Rolex?"  I don't think I've ever heard them give a nickname to a ss Rolex.  Anyway, congrats on passing the TX Bar.

Really? I have never heard that actually! Half a Rolex, that is pretty darn humorous. You know, in my short time visiting Texas, I have quickly learned that there is a whole bunch of dinero in these parts. And, even more so--there are a lot of people with a lot of money who wait for their royalty checks. It is very odd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

Congratulations Nuke!!!

Ugly Patek! Ugly watch! Hulk SMASH!

Did you pick up a Hulk Frills!! And that Patek is something awful.

Thanks bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

congrats Nuke. I think the new SD would be a fantastic way to celebrate. Hey you only pass the Texas bar once, right?

I hope this is my last bar passage to celebrate for a while. I think it would be a good way to celebrate as well!

Thanks for the kind words.
post #31467 of 35996

Nice, clean, refined, understated elegance. Perfect!

post #31468 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.

Congratulations, and welcome! smile.gif You definitely should get something to commemorate your success through that dreadful experience.

14101421463_cc048c84ed.jpg
post #31469 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

...

I do not disagree with that at all. It was better than the LA bar, I'll say that much.
post #31470 of 35996
Nuke - the wife is choosing between the LV and LN for her Mother's Day gift. Trying both now (dealer trusts me not to scratch stuff up hahah).

She really loves my SubC ND but really wants a date function. And she doesn't mind (and even appreciates) the Rolex cyclops. Given her use habits having a ceramic bezel insert will also come in handy. So it's either the LV or LN for her.

Which do you guys think she should get? The one on top doesn't count - she has too much unfettered access to that one already.

sazutyzy.jpg

On a somewhat more self-interested note, this MAY prevent her from sequestering my SD4000 when I get one later this month. Ahahaha!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread