or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 2054

post #30796 of 35996
Academe - completely agree. Obviously I think an inherent design in the world timers.. I may just need to suck it up because I really do they look pretty great.
post #30797 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post


I fully understand the quandary. I've been holding out for a top-tier 2 or 3 hander (as has been discussed) and carefully squirrelling away my pennies...But have almost been lured several times of the straight and narrow by other temptations; for example, I very much like the JLC moon phase watches, either the JLC MUT Moon or the new derivation of the Master Calendar. The GP wwtc/Traveller wwtc has also proved tempting:

I travel internationally frequently, and have colleagues all over the world, hence my leanings to dual time watches and multi-time zone watches. These are almost within reach, but purchasing one of these slightly less expensive watches would make a fairly large dent in the war chest. It took me quite a while to decide what type of watch I wanted next, and it's proving hard to stay the course now that I've decided... This thread doesn't help! wink.gif

If you truly want a 2 or 3 hander from a top tier brand, then hold out for it.  It will be well worth it!  But yes, temptation is all around and can make it tough to get to our goal without distractions.  

 

The GP Traveler is very nice, but I have to go with RNguy, even though its a common design feature the short hands bother me a bit, be it on a GP or the Patek.  As you currently have the dual time, I realize its not a world time watch, but still it will do the job...I would avoid the GP and other distractions and focus on a 2 or 3 hand top tier brand as that seems to be something your don't currently have.  

 

For me, I just don't know what direction I want to move in for my next piece.  I have a few top tier dress watches, I have an AP RO luxury sport watch, and I have sportier watches such as Daytonas, Ex 2, and Sub.  So for me its not really a matter of filling in a gap in my collection.   I hope to do some window shopping very soon which could inspire me.

post #30798 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

It stopped working for me a long time ago ( at this site). It usually still shows up, so I usually just delete most photos or parts of of quotes I'm not specifically referencing.  I also sporadically do and don't get notices  when there is a new addition to the thread.  If I've had trouble with the spoiler, its possible others may have experienced problems with it also. 

i usually get mad about non spoilered pics in quotes, but i love you too hard, and your posts are too good, for me to get mad. you are probably the only person that quotes pics unspoilered and it does not irk me at all.
post #30799 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpyigit View Post

I am a big fan of GP 1966 as well. I find the size and proportions close to the ideal for a dress watch. When it comes to complications, 3 bridges tourbillions are at the very top of my wish list,

qugaqu3a.jpg
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpyigit View Post

I am a big fan of GP 1966 as well. I find the size and proportions close to the ideal for a dress watch. When it comes to complications, 3 bridges tourbillions are at the very top of my wish list,

qugaqu3a.jpg

Yes, it has an enamel dial
post #30800 of 35996
I must say I find the complaints about quoted pics to be tiresome. If someone is posting a series of fit pics I can see it, but in a thread like this I don't mind seeing wrist shots of tasty watches multiple times. You can always scroll down.

post #30801 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

I must say I find the complaints about quoted pics to be tiresome. If someone is posting a series of fit pics I can see it, but in a thread like this I don't mind seeing wrist shots of tasty watches multiple times. You can always scroll down.

 

Far more annoying on a phone or throttled internet connection.

post #30802 of 35996
AP RO on the wrist today. It hasn't gotten much wrist time over the last week, so it's nice to have it on again.

post #30803 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by miachel View Post

I pass a store inshopss.co sell the Rolex watch and very cheap, who ever been there? how about the quality there?

Think I'll pass on that one too, thanks.

post #30804 of 35996
My issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.
post #30805 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post

Fantastic GP; loving the moon phase complication! In my recent search for a 2 or 3 hander I've come across the GP 1966 several times, and find myself gazing longingly at the blued hands and arabic numerals of this Minute Repeater:
GP MR (Click to show)

Strictly speaking I suppose it is more than simply a 2/3 hander. Sadly it is also far beyond my price range!
With all this talk of GPs lately, I thought I'd post up what I'm wearing today:



My phone camera is all I have on me at the moment its mangled lens makes the tan dial look like a sallow mess, so I inverted the colours to salvage the photo.

The 38 mm cushion case sits perfectly on my 200 mm (7 3/4") wrist and it's among the top three in the rotation. I don't get tired of the design and I still haven't spotted any WTF elements to it. I definitely know what you mean about the blued hands and applied rose gold Arabics; it seems to be a GP strength.
post #30806 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i usually get mad about non spoilered pics in quotes, but i love you too hard, and your posts are too good, for me to get mad. you are probably the only person that quotes pics unspoilered and it does not irk me at all.

I usually try just to use 1 pic unspoilered and delete multiples when quoting someone, in an effort to streamline things a bit.  Anyway, you are far to kind.  Thanks Bro! :cheers:  

post #30807 of 35996

Here's my vintage LeCoultre. Yes, a little small for my wrist, but a narrower croc band might help the look. 

 

post #30808 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

My issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.

NOOOOO! VISIT ALWAYS!!!!!
post #30809 of 35996

Well, you're always just a PM away. Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch? I've visited Frills twice now, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans and will likely be seeing Nuke when I'm down there, so I'm probably due to a trip to your neck of the woods.

post #30810 of 35996
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3ff View Post

Here's my vintage LeCoultre. Yes, a little small for my wrist, but a narrower croc band might help the look. 



Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look.

Pics like this one always make me think really hard about going the vintage route vs. purchasing a modern dress watch.

As long as it's a decent size with a clean, well-regulated movement, there's so much to love.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread