or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1726

post #25876 of 35538

Multitasking: watch, shoes and socks.

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime

post #25877 of 35538
very lulzy my man. also, you do make a good point. but if i sell the 112, the majority of the proceeds will go direct to my saving account. and even if i do wear it with my sweater, it would be solely for the sake of wearing it, not because i have a desire to be wearing it and i know it will end up right back in the drawer as i prefer the DJ. for me, if im forcing myself to wear a watch only so its not doing nothing, not because i am jonesing to wear it, that is not a good sign.

this happens every time i have more than 2 watches. maybe i am just a 2 watch guy? THE HORROR!!!!

oh le sigh, what to do.

---

roger, that looks great!
post #25878 of 35538
^ That's not too dissimilar from my experiences; between my sub and my mk XV I hardly ever wear my 177 :-/

At least part of it, is that I like to alternate the two automatics to keep them ticking.
post #25879 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

oh le sigh, what to do.

Not to throw cold water on the plan but you might find that the "softness" in the Rolex resale market is positively bullish compared to the Panerai resale market (based on my highly unscientific tracking as I hunt down a 114).
post #25880 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

Multitasking: watch, shoes and socks.

 

Socks are Pantherella?

post #25881 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Multitasking: watch, shoes and socks.

Alden Dark Brown Suede chukkas? If so, here's my matching low-top plain toe version! If not, then fail on my part. Happy Friday everyone!

post #25882 of 35538
Frills - good call - Pantherella OTC.

ReversoLover - shoes are navy Carmina (but yes, the lighting is so crappy they could be any dark colour in that pic). Nice Rolex!
Edited by RogerP - 10/25/13 at 7:28am
post #25883 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

^ That's not too dissimilar from my experiences; between my sub and my mk XV I hardly ever wear my 177 :-/
At least part of it, is that I like to alternate the two automatics to keep them ticking.

i dont mind resetting my watches, it more that between the aesthetics of the rolex and JLC regarding casual and dressy, i am pretty much covered and i am clearly leaning towards these two and leaving the panny in hiding.

this does not make me happy. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post

Not to throw cold water on the plan but you might find that the "softness" in the Rolex resale market is positively bullish compared to the Panerai resale market (based on my highly unscientific tracking as I hunt down a 114).

well, i like the rolex more, and based on what i paid and the subsequent panerai price increase, i think i can actually make $ on the 112, g-d willing.
post #25884 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Frills - good call - Pantherella OTC.

 

I love that series from Pantherella.  I think I have four variants of that one you have, but I have the ones that hit mid-calf.  I have grown to love OTC socks for the whole no-sag all-day thing.

post #25885 of 35538
Speedy and Alden black shell captoes:

post #25886 of 35538
^^^ Matching watch to boots - that's kicking it up a notch!
post #25887 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ Matching watch to boots - that's kicking it up a notch!
Purely coincidence!
post #25888 of 35538
lies!!!

also, looks good. smile.gif
post #25889 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lies!!!

also, looks good. smile.gif
Haha...well it's the only watch I have so... rotflmao.gif
post #25890 of 35538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


ReversoLover - shoes are navy Carmina (but yes, the lighting is so crappy they could be any dark colour in that pic). Nice Rolex!

Ah rats about the shoes - quick aside, how does Carmina compare to Alden? Thank you about the Pepsi though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread