or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1617

post #24241 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im sure you could find a keeper on ebay, or a leather worker/cobbler that could make one.

this. Or just a black keeper off any other strap...IIRC the keeper is leather correct?
post #24242 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post

Whats the best way to check the prices on my PAM 111? Didn't realize the market has gotten that crazy. Bought mine new from an AD in 2005. Current lineup:

Chopard Mille Miglia
Franck Muller Casablanca 5750
Panerai PAM 111
Baume and Mercier Hampton Classic

Eyeing Milgauss

a 111 on the grey market will be 4-4500ish.

the milgauss is my next rolex. I really dig em.
post #24243 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

this. Or just a black keeper off any other strap...IIRC the keeper is leather correct?

Nope, it's rubber (actually a rubber wrapped fabric). I will take some measurements and see if I can find something close on ebay. Thanks!
post #24244 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

Nope, it's rubber (actually a rubber wrapped fabric). I will take some measurements and see if I can find something close on ebay. Thanks!

really shouldnt be difficult to find at all. Hell, you may find someone that has an extra laying around. I only ever used 1 keeper on my straps.
post #24245 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

really shouldnt be difficult to find at all. Hell, you may find someone that has an extra laying around. I only ever used 1 keeper on my straps.

Haha, part of me was hoping that you might be exactly that someone! smile.gif
post #24246 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

Haha, part of me was hoping that you might be exactly that someone! smile.gif

i was gonna say I might have one....but my box of watch shit is getting sparse. I do plan on looking when i get home though. not positive...but its a shot.
post #24247 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

This thread has been on fire lately! Ill add one of yesterday's teaser photo I got from my future MIL. Rings and watch have landed.

Beautiful!!!!  Love the blue/black GMT.  I'm sure you will enjoy it on the big day!

post #24248 of 39286
Congrats on all the new watches everybody! It has taken me a while to work my way through all the new posts! Just wanted to check in with my TWATters.

On a side note, I stopped into one of the new-to-Louisiana Tudor boutiques to check out there selection. I left thoroughly impressed! In particular, the new Monaco-inspired Heritage Chronograph was quite lovely. I also really, really liked the new Tudor Black Bay. That watch is really quite something in person. It could very well be my next watch (instead of the Tank Solo--I scrapped the Reverso, just too much to ask my parents for!). The cases are a little bit chunky, but it is less a factor of the size and more a factor of how the case is designed. The Black Bay is only 10mm thick, but it looks about 13-14 mm. Very strange!

The Pelagos was also really cool. Not sure how I feel about titanium though. The lightness was a bit disconcerting.

I think that Tudor is really hitting it out of the park, and it is welcome to see what I would consider a good value in the sub-$5,000 price range. Brand new the Black Bay was $3,150, which I feel is a whole lot of watch. I wonder how discounting is going to be...
post #24249 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Congrats on all the new watches everybody! It has taken me a while to work my way through all the new posts! Just wanted to check in with my TWATters.

On a side note, I stopped into one of the new-to-Louisiana Tudor boutiques to check out there selection. I left thoroughly impressed! In particular, the new Monaco-inspired Heritage Chronograph was quite lovely. I also really, really liked the new Tudor Black Bay. That watch is really quite something in person. It could very well be my next watch (instead of the Tank Solo--I scrapped the Reverso, just too much to ask my parents for!). The cases are a little bit chunky, but it is less a factor of the size and more a factor of how the case is designed. The Black Bay is only 10mm thick, but it looks about 13-14 mm. Very strange!

The Pelagos was also really cool. Not sure how I feel about titanium though. The lightness was a bit disconcerting.

I think that Tudor is really hitting it out of the park, and it is welcome to see what I would consider a good value in the sub-$5,000 price range. Brand new the Black Bay was $3,150, which I feel is a whole lot of watch. I wonder how discounting is going to be...

 

 

I had the Black Bay for a while (Tudor is not new to Canada) and can't wait to get a look at the new Heritage Blue.

post #24250 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

Haha, part of me was hoping that you might be exactly that someone! smile.gif

No dice. I have a keeper to a 26mm black gator and a few random brown keepers. frown.gif
post #24251 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


I had the Black Bay for a while (Tudor is not new to Canada) and can't wait to get a look at the new Heritage Blue.

Oh so you ended up selling the black bay? I would love to know why! And yes, the Heritage Blue is very cool! It sits surprisingly well on the wrist. Price is a bit high though.
post #24252 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I also really, really liked the new Tudor Black Bay. That watch is really quite something in person. It could very well be my next watch (instead of the Tank Solo--I scrapped the Reverso, just too much to ask my parents for!). The cases are a little bit chunky, but it is less a factor of the size and more a factor of how the case is designed. The Black Bay is only 10mm thick, but it looks about 13-14 mm. Very strange!

The Pelagos was also really cool. Not sure how I feel about titanium though. The lightness was a bit disconcerting.

I think that Tudor is really hitting it out of the park, and it is welcome to see what I would consider a good value in the sub-$5,000 price range. Brand new the Black Bay was $3,150, which I feel is a whole lot of watch. I wonder how discounting is going to be...

The Black Bay looks great. Gonna have to look into that one.

In the meantime, USPS delivered this earlier today:





Obligatory TWAT wristshot: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by Wes Bourne - 8/21/13 at 4:54pm
post #24253 of 39286
Wait wait wait... There's a Tudor boutique in Louisiana? I didn't know you could even get them in the us anymore. Must check out...
post #24254 of 39286
Wife's birthday. Heading to dinner. Broke out the squelette



post #24255 of 39286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Wait wait wait... There's a Tudor boutique in Louisiana? I didn't know you could even get them in the us anymore. Must check out...

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/tudor-usa-store-locator-now-live-on-tudorwatchcom
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/event-recap-tudor-launches-in-usa-at-fourtane-in-carmel-california
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread