or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1613

post #24181 of 37460
As nice as the Arca's are, they don't have the most comfortable last for me.. A bit tight and narrow.
post #24182 of 37460
photo d2a50bff-b3ae-43ad-a96e-5be43d5114ec_zps6f99d268.jpg
post #24183 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

My god.

At first it looked off to me. Couldn't figure out why. Then I realized the inner bezel was turned haha
But you did notice the bracelet, didn't you? They most definitely make one that fits your 15703. By the way, not my photo (obviously) or watch.

Here's another one:


©Peter Beck Rasmussen
post #24184 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post


Speaking of "nontraditional" colors, Leffot has a blazing new Arca pair in aubergine, a deep shade of purple. I never thought I'd see myself wearing purple shoes, but I do have a lot of purple in my wardrobe (dress shirts, ties). And I now wear cherry, navy and olive shoes with abandon. Will I get myself an aubergine pair of Arcas? Time will tell...

get em. I LOVED my arcas so much...and theres really no other company that does aubergine like corthay. stunning to say the least.
post #24185 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligero View Post

But you did notice the bracelet, didn't you? They most definitely make one that fits your 15703. By the way, not my photo (obviously) or watch.

Here's another one:


©Peter Beck Rasmussen


i did. It looks so damn good too. I really wish I was right and it wouldnt fit because i think this is gonna end up costing me. ffffuuuu.gif
post #24186 of 37460

You know, I always thought that I didn't like ROOs. And now ...

 

This thread sucks!

post #24187 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Male View Post

You know, I always thought that I didn't like ROOs. And now ...

This thread sucks!

haha. Its a different design for sure. the standard RO is fantastic, but the ROOs are pretty loud and in your face...not a watch for everyone thats for sure. But i must say i love it. smile.gif
post #24188 of 37460
In recent years I've steered clear of slim/smaller dial watches. By small I mean 40mm lol.

Mostly because I've bought Panerai's exclusively.

I would love a 15400 and it could very well be a choice in the near future.

Though I would probably move my 5001 Porto if going down that route.
post #24189 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

In recent years I've steered clear of slim/smaller dial watches. By small I mean 40mm lol.

Mostly because I've bought Panerai's exclusively.

I would love a 15400 and it could very well be a choice in the near future.

Though I would probably move my 5001 Porto if going down that route.

i was a HUGE Panerai guy for years....I started out with a 112 and went through probably a dozen of them easily. I had both a 217 and a 127 which are 47mm...it took some getting used to when i went to smaller watches. Ive worn a GMT IIc for a long time now...got used to the 40mm size and now im getting used to the AP size.
post #24190 of 37460
Yup had the 127 myself but it only lasted 12 months.

$20k into one was just nuts, even for a PAM nut like me.

372 now smile.gif
post #24191 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Yup had the 127 myself but it only lasted 12 months.

$20k into one was just nuts, even for a PAM nut like me.

372 now smile.gif

love the 372! I got them just before they hit their peak around 25K. i was in at around 9K and sold around 11K. Had i held out just a few months longer, i woulve almost tripled my investment.
post #24192 of 37460

I think I got in at 20 and sold at 21 smile.gif

 

With the 372 on the way, I got out before the potential destruction in value.

post #24193 of 37460
Speaking of Panerai, if any of you guys wanna swing by Copenhagen and pick up my largely unworn PAM 177, drop me a PM.

spam[1].gif
post #24194 of 37460
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

I think I got in at 20 and sold at 21 smile.gif

With the 372 on the way, I got out before the potential destruction in value.

the huge price increases panerai had afforded me most of my watches biggrin.gif I got in at the perfect time.

how long have you had the 372? I could see myself pretty happy with that.
post #24195 of 37460
Love the Safari elisiX! That one has been on my short list for years as well. You guys are KILLIN me . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread