or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1341

post #20101 of 35648
Mafoo would love this

post #20102 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I am kind of intrigued over the new GMT. Bicolored Ceramic bezel will be quite something to see. I do not understand the Daytona though, nor have I ever really understood the Yachtmaster II.


oh damn. i think i may love that. even moreso than my current GMTc.
post #20103 of 35648
I know right!! And I looooove my GMT.
post #20104 of 35648
i think the daytona is hideous. not even sure why, but i think that model looks dumb, and that saying something because i have always loved the daytona in its many different looks.

the YM2 i am kind of ambivalent about. i never really loved it, and i dont think this strikes me as any worse. i have only seen 1 in person and i thought it was actually quite cool.

the new steel blue/black is faking awesome. i LOVE it. would love to have that on my wrist right now. anyone have pricing info?
post #20105 of 35648
That bicolor GMT likely WILL be my first Rolex purchase. Not sure when, but I am fairly smitten. I wonder if it will be a good seller for Rolex though.

And pricing? I would say $8,000 to $9,000. I can't see it being much more than the current iteration. Then again, I have been known to be wrong about many things.
post #20106 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

Interesting line up. Still nothing I would buy.

Thank goodness because I'm leaning towards the Omega DSOM and there's only so much my wife can handle right now..
Yikes, let's not get carried away. A McMansion Dweller is still preferable to a Planet Condominium.
post #20107 of 35648
yeah, i can see that as my next rolex purchase. no idea when though, or what might come out in the meantime.
post #20108 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i think the daytona is hideous. not even sure why, but i think that model looks dumb, and that saying something because i have always loved the daytona in its many different looks.

the YM2 i am kind of ambivalent about. i never really loved it, and i dont think this strikes me as any worse. i have only seen 1 in person and i thought it was actually quite cool.

the new steel blue/black is faking awesome. i LOVE it. would love to have that on my wrist right now. anyone have pricing info?

strange, i dont hate the new daytona. I wouldnt buy it, but its pleasant to look at. Looks more like a jewelry fashion watch though...the standard daytonas are a bit more tool-like i guess. Will always be the best looking daytonas i think. the new ones theyre releasing with the ceramic/gold are nice but not my style...and the MSRP puts them in the same price range as MUCH nicer watches.

the YM2 is fucking awful. cluttered, chunky, and tacky. foo.gif
post #20109 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

yeah, i can see that as my next rolex purchase. no idea when though, or what might come out in the meantime.

Then again, my first foray into Rolex may look something more like this:



Buying vintage kind of scares me though shog[1].gif
post #20110 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

strange, i dont hate the new daytona. I wouldnt buy it, but its pleasant to look at. Looks more like a jewelry fashion watch though...the standard daytonas are a bit more tool-like i guess. Will always be the best looking daytonas i think. the new ones theyre releasing with the ceramic/gold are nice but not my style...and the MSRP puts them in the same price range as MUCH nicer watches.

the YM2 is fucking awful. cluttered, chunky, and tacky. foo.gif

i think it could be that picture of the daytona that i really dont like, and it really is hard to judge off of these shopped conjured images not actual watch pics. irl it could be very nice, but i defo do not like that particular color combo on the daytona. would be cool to see in person.

have you seen YM2 in person ans till have it? also, i dont always hate cluttered so that could be where we differ on that one.
post #20111 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Then again, my first foray into Rolex may look something more like this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Buying vintage kind of scares me though shog[1].gif

that is cool. it used to scare me too, but now im totally down with it as long as i can get the info i want.
post #20112 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

that is cool. it used to scare me too, but now im totally down with it as long as i can get the info i want.

Hmmm, I guess it is not the info that scares me. It is the fact that the watches do not have the... amenities that the newer models have. Maybe it is silly, but I am used to the technology in newer watches, and I worry about the technology in the vintage variety. Those old GMTs are just stunning though.
post #20113 of 35648
oh, that does not bother me. imo those vintage models are far nicer and better than many newer ones in some respects, even if the technology is behind, they make up for it more than enough in other respects.
post #20114 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


Then again, my first foray into Rolex may look something more like this:



Buying vintage kind of scares me though shog[1].gif

 

I would go pepsi vintage 1675

 

hands down

post #20115 of 35648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Then again, my first foray into Rolex may look something more like this:



Buying vintage kind of scares me though shog[1].gif
id go for that before the ceramic....no need to be worried about vintage rolexes...great workhorse movements. Theres a reason theyre still ticking wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

have you seen YM2 in person ans till have it? also, i dont always hate cluttered so that could be where we differ on that one.

i have. I dont mind BUSY dials. but this YM2 is just cluttered and ugly. I think the coloring with the bright red and blue against the stark white dial makes it look really elementary/cheap. Maybe id feel different if it was a blak dial with silver/white.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread