or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1295

post #19411 of 39044
I would have preferred side-by-side sub-dials, too. But that was never going to happen. IWC seems to have decided the vertical top-bottom arrangement is their thing.
post #19412 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fides View Post

 This is my my 1971 Omega Deville, .....Wear it everyday even though its supposed to be a dressy watch. Love these vintage thin-o-matics. I find it absolutely stunning and simple, and I think thats all that matters :D Thanks.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Welcome and thanks for sharing a photo with us.

post #19413 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

I hear you.  My watch is the ugly country cousin of yours, and I think a couple of years older!  Also currently broken (by my dropping it on the floor only months after having it restored), and on its way to Switzerland for a consultation with the doctor...

 

 

 

Are you sure you aren't on your way to Basel, mimo, to splurge on that perpetual calendar split-seconds chronograph minute repeater tourbillon???

post #19414 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Hodinkee just posted about it:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-iwc-portuguese-chronograph-classic-a-modern-classic-goes-in-house

Let me be the first to say, they are going to sell the hell out of that watch.

 

That's a lovely piece.

post #19415 of 39044
New strap for the Speedy Pro... courtesy of wife. smile.gif

347ehkk.jpg

11awhur.jpg

2njkr3l.jpg
post #19416 of 39044

Lookin' good Moo.  Details please.

post #19417 of 39044
cheers.gif

Oxblood (#8) Horween shell cordovan from Leffot.
post #19418 of 39044
great looking strap, moo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

So, just wanted to give a shoutout to Stitchy.
My friend was looking for a Michele watch, and she had nothing but good things to say about working with him. And she can be a bit of a hard ass.
And the obligatory pic... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

newcomer, thanks for the shout out, man. fistbump.gif

and thanks for sending a customer my way, much appreciated.
post #19419 of 39044

Merci, Moo. fing02[1].gif

post #19420 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

cheers.gif

Oxblood (#8) Horween shell cordovan from Leffot.

Love it!
post #19421 of 39044

Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post

Good reads on the last couple of pages! biggrin.gif

A touch of red today ... Old pic.

Klokkebilder598.jpg
post #19422 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

New strap for the Speedy Pro... courtesy of wife. smile.gif
 

That looks fantastic, Mr. Moo :)

post #19423 of 39044

Another shot of my Speedy :)

 

post #19424 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

 

Are you sure you aren't on your way to Basel, mimo, to splurge on that perpetual calendar split-seconds chronograph minute repeater tourbillon???

 

Alas, the VIP treatment for my old Omega is simply because the local AD doesnt' know how to do anything.  It's going to cost me $120 just to pay the shipping and get a quote for the repair!  In the mean time, my $30 Sekonda is deputising.  Unless I also clean up the Saddam Hussein Rodania quartz....

 

If there's anyone around here who'd fly to Basel to buy something insane, I think we both know who's in the frame around here, eh Frilly?  The guy who doesn't know the meaning of "endgame", eh, Frilly?  Know who I mean?  Hmm? stirpot.gif

post #19425 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Alas, the VIP treatment for my old Omega is simply because the local AD doesnt' know how to do anything.  It's going to cost me $120 just to pay the shipping and get a quote for the repair!  In the mean time, my $30 Sekonda is deputising.  Unless I also clean up the Saddam Hussein Rodania quartz....

OK, now you've piqued my interest. I demand photos. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

If there's anyone around here who'd fly to Basel to buy something insane, I think we both know who's in the frame around here, eh Frilly?  The guy who doesn't know the meaning of "endgame", eh, Frilly?  Know who I mean?  Hmm? stirpot.gif

Well it's crazy for you Europeans, but sometimes it can actually make sense for people who get 20-30% VAT refunds traveling out of Europe!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread