or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1266

post #18976 of 39048
I've heard Lange makes an okay watch.

And since we're doing comparables, I would prefer a 99.1 to a Stowa MO (and maybe even an 1815 over a MO if you twisted my arm).

 

I wouldn't want to twist your arm. Maybe just send some subliminal messages "1815, 1815....1815."
post #18977 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I've heard Lange makes an okay watch.

 

I have heard this rumor too.

post #18978 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


thanks! hopefully it becomes mine.

 

Wishing you luck on your possible next acquistion!
post #18979 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

 

I have heard this rumor too.

 

Frills, I hear you have to buy them in pairs...so that they aren't surrounded by Pateks! ; )
post #18980 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

GREAT kop, guys. GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Wishing you luck on your possible next acquistion!

thanks, guys. i wish i had stuff i was willing to sell. could probably make it happen. sadly, i dont want to sell anything that is worth anything.
post #18981 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Maybe the GO could be Miss West Virginia...sort of cross eyed, missing a front tooth, and with a handlebar mustache...but feel free to go for what you like. Just kidding.While the GO offers a good value and a "family resemblance," I stand by my earlier statements regarding the GO.
Family resemblance or not, I'd choose what I prefer. If I limited myself to the originators of a certain look, and ignore anything inspired by the original, I wouldn't be very happy. I prefer the Lange 1 to the pano, I prefer the panomaticlunar to the Lange 1 moonphase, as I see the dial as an aesthetic improvement. You value the originator factor more than I do, and likely prefer the overall look of the Lange anyway as well. Different strokes.
Edited by DLJr - 3/14/13 at 6:44pm
post #18982 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Funny enough, I am actually in Delaware. I haven't seen Miss Delaware yet though.

 

If the post was about the recent brouhaha about Miss Teen Delaware, well, I will neither admit nor deny that I may have seen her in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

will you buy it for me?

 

Would that I had the means to acquire all the stuff I want for friends I appreciate.....musicboohoo[1].gif

post #18983 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 

Frills, I hear you have to buy them in pairs...so that they aren't surrounded by Pateks! ; )

 

fistbump.gif

 

 

*

 

This one has been getting decent wrist time.  No safe queen here.  New York summers are going to wear these leather straps out, what with my sweaty wrists.

post #18984 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

fistbump.gif


*


This one has been getting decent wrist time.  No safe queen here.  New York summers are going to wear these leather straps out, what with my sweaty wrists.

You can blame your sweaty wrists, but it's more likely because that Patek is so HAWT.
post #18985 of 39048
rimshot.gif

that watch is amazing.
post #18986 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

Family resemblance or not, I'd choose what I prefer. If I limited myself to the originators of a certain look, and ignore anything inspired by the original, I wouldn't be very happy. I prefer the Lange 1 to the pano, I prefer the panomaticlunar to the Lange 1 moonphase, as I see the dial as an aesthetic improvement. You value the originator factor more than I do, and likely prefer the overall look of the Lange anyway as well. Different strokes.

Yes, I do place value on creativity and originality. Beyond that I also find the Lange 1 and Lange 1 Moonphase far more attractive than any GO Pano design. I don't own a Lange or a GO, but I recognize GO makes a good quality watch and its significantly less expensive. However a GO would never fulfill my desire to have a Lange 1, so for me it would be pointless to purchase a GO. To each his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

fistbump.gif


*


This one has been getting decent wrist time.  No safe queen here.  New York summers are going to wear these leather straps out, what with my sweaty wrists.

Love that 3970!!!! Hot, humid weather? Preserve the strap by giving the Daytona & Explorer more wrist time .
post #18987 of 39048

Now, I might get this post directly into the WAT happy.gif.   Operating knowledge of  blogs and forums  is NOT hardwired at birth     baldy[1].gif                      o                               

 

So, here's an ancient Baume et Mercier Geneve with a Bidynator movement.  Shown with, I believe, the original crocodile strap of which B&M wants $300 new. AYKM ?  Anyway, just look at that face !!  Sweet for about 60 years old ? 

 

 

 

67k .jpg file

 

 

 

 

 

 

103k .jpg file

 

 

 

 

 

 

96k .jpg file
post #18988 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

yes, i think it is very interesting and have not looked into it yet. nor have we priced it. when we do ill let you know if you like.

I would really like that, if only for funsies.
post #18989 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

If the post was about the recent brouhaha about Miss Teen Delaware, well, I will neither admit nor deny that I may have seen her in action.

The girl has got some serious... talent. I am glad someone caught that smile.gif.

And that Patek is gorgeous. Tough choice between it and Miss Teen Delaware.
post #18990 of 39048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I would really like that, if only for funsies.

will do !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread