or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1254

post #18796 of 31007

Lovely JLC.

post #18797 of 31007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

Still love that face. What are your opinions of the case?

The case is, in my opinion, one of the HUGE selling points. It is one of the most gorgeously designed cases I have ever seen, ever. It is multi-faceted, and just downright gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Congrats brother!!!

Moon brothers 4 lyf fistbump.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Lovely JLC.

Thank you very much! More pictures to follow.
post #18798 of 31007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

New shoes!
 

 

That's really beautiful.  Sometimes less "stuff" seems to give more dress watch.  I love the texture of the dial.  That is a peach.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


certainly not. smile.gif

 

Very kind of you.  Just checking.  By the way, do you ever sell on SF for your employer? And if not, why not?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

So, just the first pic of what will be many later! But wanted to share this with at least someone who even remotely cares smile.gif

 

Lovely!  Congratulations. :)

post #18799 of 31007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

So, just the first pic of what will be many later! But wanted to share this with at least someone who even remotely cares smile.gif

freaking awesome. excellent choice. enjoy it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18800 of 31007
Hi guys, I would really appreciate any insight you may have about MKII or Sinn. Trying to decide between the two companies and want some expert opinion between the two companies. One is US while the other is made in Germany and I know that depending on my personal taste and style, that will be the biggest deciding factor but I like both brands and feel that they both have something to offer in terms of my style. Thanks guys!
post #18801 of 31007

Sinn.

 

Sinn has heritage, MKII makes homages.

 

If its between these two, all other things being equal, the answer is clear.
 

post #18802 of 31007
I would choose SINN. Extremely well made watches for the price. Value isn't necessarily a bad thing. I also like a lot of their designs.
post #18803 of 31007

You can't buy heritage - and I'm not sure that Sinn has all that much to boast about anyway.  Some MKII designs I have seen - like the Kingston - look really terrific.  Some are kind of 'meh'. With any boutique brand, there's an open question as to whether they will still be around next year or the year after.  But given the use of standard ETA movements, I wouldn't worry too much about future servicing.

 

 I've owned a couple of Sinns over the years - nice enough watches but I never fell in love with them.  And they are getting kind of pricey for what they offer, in my estimation.  Most of the pieces in the 3-4k - plus range do not represent good value, IMO.  The more basic models are a better bet. What watches were you considering?

 

You might want to look at Damasko as well.

post #18804 of 31007
Congrats. Fantastic piece!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post



So, just the first pic of what will be many later! But wanted to share this with at least someone who even remotely cares smile.gif
post #18805 of 31007
I am curious as to the Forum's opinions on this watch: (Lange Time Zone)

Which dial do you prefer, grey or white?



post #18806 of 31007

^^^ Man, I wish I had that problem.  As the price goes up, my preferences become more conservative, so I'd go white dial here.  Looks like better contrast / legibility as well.  The grey is certainly beautiful, though.

post #18807 of 31007

The grey is interesting and unusual, but I prefer the traditional white.  On top of the rose gold, it just screams "Lange".  Which is a good thing in my opinion.

 

I don't love this watch in particular, to be honest.  But I do love Lange in general, and this is still definitely a Lange.

post #18808 of 31007
I would go with the white dial. Even though grey and rose is a great combination, I would not do it as my first Lange.
post #18809 of 31007
i cant decide. both?
post #18810 of 31007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Sinn.

Sinn has heritage, MKII makes homages.

If its between these two, all other things being equal, the answer is clear.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

I would choose SINN. Extremely well made watches for the price. Value isn't necessarily a bad thing. I also like a lot of their designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

You can't buy heritage - and I'm not sure that Sinn has all that much to boast about anyway.  Some MKII designs I have seen - like the Kingston - look really terrific.  Some are kind of 'meh'. With any boutique brand, there's an open question as to whether they will still be around next year or the year after.  But given the use of standard ETA movements, I wouldn't worry too much about future servicing.

 I've owned a couple of Sinns over the years - nice enough watches but I never fell in love with them.  And they are getting kind of pricey for what they offer, in my estimation.  Most of the pieces in the 3-4k - plus range do not represent good value, IMO.  The more basic models are a better bet. What watches were you considering?

You might want to look at Damasko as well.

Thanks for the input gentlemen! I didn't have a specific model in mind, just trying to look at a variety of brands and learn as much as I can. I am wanting to purchase a watch prior to my wedding and looking to spend $2k on a quality piece that will be my first "quality" watch purchase. Any other hidden gems in terms of brands that you can recommend? Damasko also looks nice as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread