or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1221

post #18301 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

hey guys, we are looking into buying this. thought is was cool so ill share it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice.

 

So Stitches, who would have actually made this one for Tiffany?

post #18302 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

What did I miss?  Lots of action in the thread.  I was in a little city all day up in the northeast where they don't pronounce their "R's" when they say "pahk" or "Hahvahd," speaking to a bunch of bankers.  Super cold and windy today.

Of course I wore the 3970J.  






I quite like that at 36mm it does not stand out in a garish way.  Here I am "in action" (pic taken by one of my workmates):





Cropped close-up is a little blurry but you can see that little beauty sitting on my wrist a bit better:





What can I say?  I love the little bugger. 

I like it. Why does it look so large though?
post #18303 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

It IS cool.  One hand - now that's laid back.  I like the numerals and the proportions too.
Just one thing: do you think they do a men's version? stirpot.gif

ha, the hands are on top of each other, its a 2 handed watch. its beautiful and it is a mans size. plain.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Nice.
So Stitches, who would have actually made this one for Tiffany?

thanks. i have no idea who made it, lol.
post #18304 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


ha, the hands are on top of each other, its a 2 handed watch. its beautiful and it is a mans size. plain.gif
thanks. i have no idea who made it, lol.

I know it used to be a practice of a number of manufactures to do this with watches, but I'm not sure if Patek ever did this or not.

 

I'm pretty sure they manufactured for Tiffany, and you would find the name Tiffany on the watch.

 

However I'm not sure if you would find any without the name Patek as well on the watch.

post #18305 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


ha, the hands are on top of each other, its a 2 handed watch. its beautiful and it is a mans size. plain.gif
 

 

No shit :p.  But it does look dainty - how big is it?  Maybe it's your Panerai juggernaut that's distorted my perspective on these things!  You're right though, it is beautiful.  Also wondering who made it.  Show us what's inside!

post #18306 of 33554

The movement should include the name. Whether or not that is the same manufacture of the case, who knows???

post #18307 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Nice.

So Stitches, who would have actually made this one for Tiffany?

It looks like a modern watch (made in the last 20 years), and as such would be a bog standard ETA movement inside a precious metal case if the movement is mechanical.

The valuable (from a horological POV) Tiffany watches are the co-branded ones, and even among them there is a hierarchy e.g. PP-Tiffany > Rolex-Tiffany > Baume&Mercier-Tiffany.
post #18308 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post


It looks like a modern watch (made in the last 20 years), and as such would be a bog standard ETA movement inside a precious metal case if the movement is mechanical.

The valuable (from a horological POV) Tiffany watches are the co-branded ones, and even among them there is a hierarchy e.g. PP-Tiffany > Rolex-Tiffany > Baume&Mercier-Tiffany.

Yeah, I was pretty sure the Rolex Tiffany watches had the Rolex name on the watch as well, but I wasn't sure how other manufactures handled that.

post #18309 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I know it used to be a practice of a number of manufactures to do this with watches, but I'm not sure if Patek ever did this or not.
I'm pretty sure they manufactured for Tiffany, and you would find the name Tiffany on the watch.
However I'm not sure if you would find any without the name Patek as well on the watch.

iirc, all the co-branded offerings had the tiffany name and watch brand name on the watch face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

No shit tongue.gif.  But it does look dainty - how big is it?  Maybe it's your Panerai juggernaut that's distorted my perspective on these things!  You're right though, it is beautiful.  Also wondering who made it.  Show us what's inside!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

The movement should include the name. Whether or not that is the same manufacture of the case, who knows???

its maybe 39mm inc crown, not small at all on the wrist. but very dainty compared to the panny.

here is the inside. as apropos said, i imagine its ETA or something. no branding on the movement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post

It looks like a modern watch (made in the last 20 years), and as such would be a bog standard ETA movement inside a precious metal case.

The valuable (from a horological POV) Tiffany watches are the co-branded ones, and even among them there is a hierarchy e.g. PP-Tiffany > Rolex-Tiffany > Baume&Mercier-Tiffany.

it is hand wound mechanical, not quartz. they no longer make this one, but i remember when they came out with it, i loved it then as i do now. i do not think its a co-branded effort, just tiffany and likely ETA. not a particularly fancy movement, but decorated well enough. i think it is a truly elegant watch. a beauty imo.
post #18310 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


iirc, all the co-branded offerings had the tiffany name and watch brand name on the watch face.

its maybe 39mm inc crown, not small at all on the wrist. but very dainty compared to the panny.

here is the inside. as apropos said, i imagine its ETA or something. no branding on the movement.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

it is hand wound mechanical, not quartz. they no longer make this one, but i remember when they came out with it, i loved it then as i do now. i do not think its a co-branded effort, just tiffany and likely ETA. not a particularly fancy movement, but decorated well enough. i think it is a truly elegant watch. a beauty imo.

Very cool, learn something new every day.

 

 

Stitches, thanks for taking the time to take the movement pic.

post #18311 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post



its maybe 39mm inc crown, not small at all on the wrist.
 i think it is a truly elegant watch. a beauty imo.

 

Agreed.  Whatever the movement, it's very unusual aesthetically and I like it.  For me, that's a nice size too.  Can I have it?

post #18312 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Very cool, learn something new every day.
Stitches, thanks for taking the time to take the movement pic.

my pleasure, im glad you appreciated it. cheers.gif
post #18313 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Agreed.  Whatever the movement, it's very unusual aesthetically and I like it.  For me, that's a nice size too.  Can I have it?

thanks!

i love it too. absolutely. you just need to send us some money. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18314 of 33554

You, always with the catch.  Pff.

post #18315 of 33554
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

You, always with the catch.  Pff.

i am teh sorriez.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread