or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1215

post #18211 of 39108
Congrats. I hope wearing it brings you as much joy as the hunt did.
post #18212 of 39108
holy mackerel. amazing.
post #18213 of 39108

Stunning!

post #18214 of 39108
Holy hell. Should we just close the thread now? I am in love with that, superb choice!
post #18215 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ooling around with the camera again. hope ya'll find some of these pr0norifiC.

this picture really should have a yarmulke somewhere in it. for authenticity.
post #18216 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

So a red box arrived today.  Guess what was inside?

But it also looks crazy sexy from the back!

 

 

 

But what does it look like on my wrist?

 

 

 

 

All in all, it's been a fun week hunting down these pieces.  This will most assuredly be my endgame watch, because my bank account for discretionary spending sums up to this:

 

Hope you enjoyed the pics!  Thanks as always for everyone's support in answering questions, weighing in on aesthetics and functionality, and enabling (as mimo put it so well) this emotional experience of mine/ours.......

Just an absolutely amazing watch!  worship2.gifCongrats and thanks for letting us share in your excitement!  Whats that 4 Pateks...not to be a bad influence, but 3 more and you will have one for each day of the week  devil.gif  Just kidding!  BTW Congrats on the wife's new time piece also!  You both had a great week!

post #18217 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Thanks, buddy!!

I was hoping soneone would recognize them, lol.

 My mom was an amazing baker and I grew up around them.  If you are ever in the area around Purim, let me know.  My wife has our family recipe and makes killer Hamentashen!  Your PAM in the photo looked pretty tasty too!

post #18218 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

this picture really should have a yarmulke somewhere in it. for authenticity.

lol, maybe that will be my next prop. btw, i think that pic is my fave of the group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 My mom was an amazing baker and I grew up around them.  If you are ever in the area around Purim, let me know.  My wife has our family recipe and makes killer Hamentashen!  Your PAM in the photo looked pretty tasty too!

thanks!

what area is that? feel free to PM me if you like. though i always stay home and have purim with my family, ya nevah know.
post #18219 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 My mom was an amazing baker and I grew up around them.  If you are ever in the area around Purim, let me know.  My wife has our family recipe and makes killer Hamentashen!  Your PAM in the photo looked pretty tasty too!

do they travel well? can i kop via PM???
post #18220 of 39108
no frills, if I can add another comment....and really this goes for all of you forumites that have such KILLER watches.

Just a simple, but very *sincere* request: please, for the love of God, wear that motherf*cker.

Just wear it. A lot.

You researched it....deliberated over it.....eventually bought it....and now you must OWN it.

I understand you've got some other awesome pieces, and if you're like me at all, you are always going to have a "rotation"....some things in the watch box are more sporty/casual, others more dressy/formal. Which is entirely appropriate. Spread the love around....it's all good.

But please, please...don't be that guy that just throws that Patek in a safe. Or leaves it in the box all the time, afraid it may catch a slight "swirl" or scuff along the way. Life's just too short.

You were kind enough to share some pictures (which are great) and congratulations, again.... I really mean it.

But don't put baby in a corner.

All of you guys: if you've got a Royal Oak, a Nautlius, a Daytona, one of these awesome vintage Subs that get posted here....what many would consider so-called "grail" pieces....

Yes, take good care of them....I'm sure none of you would be so silly as to be reckless about it....but seriously, WEAR them. Enjoy them...on the wrist! As intended!

G'night.
post #18221 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

So a red box arrived today.  Guess what was inside?

 

 

 

It sure looks good from the front!

 

 

 

But it also looks crazy sexy from the back!

 

 

 

But what does it look like on my wrist?

 

 

 

 

 

 

absolutely beautiful, congratulations.  

post #18222 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

no frills, if I can add another comment....and really this goes for all of you forumites that have such KILLER watches.

Just a simple, but very *sincere* request: please, for the love of God, wear that motherf*cker.

Just wear it. A lot.

You researched it....deliberated over it.....eventually bought it....and now you must OWN it.

I understand you've got some other awesome pieces, and if you're like me at all, you are always going to have a "rotation"....some things in the watch box are more sporty/casual, others more dressy/formal. Which is entirely appropriate. Spread the love around....it's all good.

But please, please...don't be that guy that just throws that Patek in a safe. Or leaves it in the box all the time, afraid it may catch a slight "swirl" or scuff along the way. Life's just too short.

You were kind enough to share some pictures (which are great) and congratulations, again.... I really mean it.

But don't put baby in a corner.

All of you guys: if you've got a Royal Oak, a Nautlius, a Daytona, one of these awesome vintage Subs that get posted here....what many would consider so-called "grail" pieces....

Yes, take good care of them....I'm sure none of you would be so silly as to be reckless about it....but seriously, WEAR them. Enjoy them...on the wrist! As intended!

G'night.

 

Thanks, Keith T and other SF members.  Oyes, I don't even own a safe.

 

Rotation allows almost equal wrist time on a weekly basis for all six pieces.  Not bad, really.  Although the 3970 will be worn two days in a row today and tomorrow... happy.gif

 

Also, the wife rarely takes off her watches.  Even sleeps with 'em.  Heh heh.

post #18223 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

no frills, if I can add another comment....and really this goes for all of you forumites that have such KILLER watches. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just a simple, but very *sincere* request: please, for the love of God, wear that motherf*cker.
Just wear it. A lot.
You researched it....deliberated over it.....eventually bought it....and now you must OWN it.
I understand you've got some other awesome pieces, and if you're like me at all, you are always going to have a "rotation"....some things in the watch box are more sporty/casual, others more dressy/formal. Which is entirely appropriate. Spread the love around....it's all good.
But please, please...don't be that guy that just throws that Patek in a safe. Or leaves it in the box all the time, afraid it may catch a slight "swirl" or scuff along the way. Life's just too short.
You were kind enough to share some pictures (which are great) and congratulations, again.... I really mean it.
But don't put baby in a corner.
All of you guys: if you've got a Royal Oak, a Nautlius, a Daytona, one of these awesome vintage Subs that get posted here....what many would consider so-called "grail" pieces....
Yes, take good care of them....I'm sure none of you would be so silly as to be reckless about it....but seriously, WEAR them. Enjoy them...on the wrist! As intended!
G'night.

i could not imagine buying a watch a not wearing it. would be physically painful.
post #18224 of 39108
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

So a red box arrived today.  Guess what was inside?...

Congrats, Frills!  Looks incredible!  Wear it in good health.

post #18225 of 39108
I will admit to a certain period of babying after getting a new watch shog[1].gif After that, every watch gets used. It helps that I prefer to buy vintage or at least pre-owned, they usually come pre-scratched as well smile.gif

My Daytona and Master Chrono were both new puchases from my regular . The Daytona is now in regular rotation, never mind that the bezel is a scratch magnet. The rose gold MC is mostly used for dinners and occations, but the first hairlines and swirls have arrived.

My 16610 Sub has taken quite a beating, and looks all the better for it. The only watch that gets a yearly checkup ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread