or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1189

post #17821 of 37524

Hey Stitches, 

 

I know you have a 112 too so you might like these:

 

 

 

Here is the description: 

The MAT 49 Strap is made from Vintage French MAT 49 submachine gun magazine pouches.  As far as I can determine, these pouches date from the mid 1950's to the early 1960's.  (Greg Stevens)

post #17822 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

black-on-yellow gold

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Gold and old sweats!

2-DSC_5156.jpg
post #17823 of 37524
Like very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post

Daytonas are awesome, in any configuration. My 116520, modded with a dial for a white gold Daytona. Not for the purists, but I'm not one of those ...

DSC_5589_zps44394029.jpg
post #17824 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Since it seems to be Chronograph- a- paloozah around here, below are a few of mine. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1000

And the Pasha 950 with cal 205 which is based on an F.Piguet 1185 movement.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSCN2282.jpg

A quick shot of its movement. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



First of all, nice cufflinks.

Secondly, I had no idea that Pasha chrono had such a sexy back / nice engine! That's a sharp movement.
post #17825 of 37524

16520 looking good on this wrist:

 

 

File written with CompuPic(R) - Photodex Corporation (http://www.photodex.com)

 

A scholar always cites his sources: http://www.mkmotorsport.com/watches_models.htm

post #17826 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post

Also: I'm a sucker for any chrono. Two subdials, three subdials, you name it. A complication that does not require a winder is nice, I have to many watches that spend time off the wrist ... My favourites are 3-6-9 chronos, I much prefer them to the 6-9-12s (like the 7750).

I'm a big fan of chronographs...although its been a while since I purchased one.  I also prefer the 3-6-9 subdial layout, maybe there is a certain symmetry that looks more balanced to me. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

 

(still drooling, though - it is even more awesome on the wrist, and with that nice shirt, surprisingly un-pimpish!)

There is definitely a bling factor with the all yellow gold on matching oyter bracelet.  I only wear it when I'm wearing a shirt with long sleeves, and even then its not for people that are shy.  It its the same configuration of one of the 1st Daytonas I saw in person in the early 90s.  This one belonged to my dad.  He wanted a SS zenith based Daytona and I had 2 at the time, so we swapped watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

Hehe...hope Dino has a sense of humour; such a thing is not always a given among SF members!

 

There is something about that black-on-yellow gold that makes me wide-eyed and mad like Gollum for his ring...I feel similar about almost anything in rose gold, but this particular watch just gets to me.  I just never considered it...wearable.  And now I admit, I was wrong.  Which means I have a new problem: I really want it!  My preciousssss....

No worries...although maybe I'll tell the Mrs. I need a purple Caddy and a big hat!  wink.gif  This is my favorite version of the YG Daytonas.  I like the dial and subdials of the old style 16528 more than the current yellow gold Daytonas.  If I were buying an all gold Daytona these days, I'd probably look at it in rose gold...those are sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

 

Dino944, that's a formidable army of chronos you've got there.  Really, really awesome!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Frills.  Glad you liked the photos.

post #17827 of 37524
Nonserviam, I've got no issues with that mod. Looks great. It's YOUR watch.

Actually, I'm kind of hoping the "new" white SS Daytona will come with full black subdials, ceramic bezel, and maybe upsize by a millimeter.

That, and brushed center links.

But Rolex didn't axe me for my opinion.
post #17828 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Gold and old sweats!

2-DSC_5156.jpg

That vintage gold Sub is HOT!!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post


[/SPOILER]

First of all, nice cufflinks.

Secondly, I had no idea that Pasha chrono had such a sexy back / nice engine! That's a sharp movement.

Thanks Keith.  The cufflinks are really versatile (they are rose, white, and yellow gold and the semi precious stone bars are interchangeable). 

 

 

 

The early Pasha Chronos with quartz movements had solid backs, but the later models with the F.Piguet 1185 have the saphire crystal back to view the movement.  Cartier did a pretty good job with the movement. 

post #17829 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post

Actually, I'm kind of hoping the "new" white SS Daytona will come with full black subdials, ceramic bezel, and maybe upsize by a millimeter.

That, and brushed center links.

It will be interesting to see if they adopt a retro "manual wind Daytona look" when they revise the Daytona.

post #17830 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

No worries...although maybe I'll tell the Mrs. I need a purple Caddy and a big hat!  wink.gif  This is my favorite version of the YG Daytonas.  I like the dial and subdials of the old style 16528 more than the current yellow gold Daytonas.  If I were buying an all gold Daytona these days, I'd probably look at it in rose gold...those are sweet!

 

Don't forget the blinged out cane!  :D

post #17831 of 37524
NonServiam - both of those pics of yours are top-freaking-notch. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

I have been consumed by this urge several times over the last few months...... I am hoping my current collection and much slimmer bank account quell the fire for a while.............

your hope is futile, dont even bother trying to fight it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbln79 View Post

Hey Stitches, 

I know you have a 112 too so you might like these: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Here is the description: 
The MAT 49 Strap is made from Vintage French MAT 49 submachine gun magazine pouches.  As far as I can determine, these pouches date from the mid 1950's to the early 1960's.  (Greg Stevens)

great looking pics, and that you for sharing the details on that strap, its really nice.

i snapped a few pics today as well.


post #17832 of 37524
this really isnt watch pr0n, but its watch related, and it made me happy, so i thought i would share.

preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso. she thinks its the coolest thing ever.

wednesday night i was doing some straightening up in her room, and found this old watch that my wife gave to her a while back, because my wife did not like it. as i picked it up i noticed that there was a space between the black plate and the case. so i gave it a push, and lo and behold, it flipped around.

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.



post #17833 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

this really isnt watch pr0n, but its watch related, and it made me happy, so i thought i would share.

preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso. she thinks its the coolest thing ever.

wednesday night i was doing some straightening up in her room, and found this old watch that my wife gave to her a while back, because my wife did not like it. as i picked it up i noticed that there was a space between the black plate and the case. so i gave it a push, and lo and behold, it flipped around.

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.



 

Moments like this are the absolute best. Thanks for sharing, Stitchy!

post #17834 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

 

Don't forget the blinged out cane!  :D

Now I know what to ask my wife for, for my birthday! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

this really isnt watch pr0n, but its watch related, and it made me happy, so i thought i would share.

preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso. she thinks its the coolest thing ever.

wednesday night i was doing some straightening up in her room, and found this old watch that my wife gave to her a while back, because my wife did not like it. as i picked it up i noticed that there was a space between the black plate and the case. so i gave it a push, and lo and behold, it flipped around.

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.



 

Starting them out on the road to being a WIS so young could be dangerou$$$$.  Just kidding, great story. 

post #17835 of 37524
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso.

 

1.  That's a strange name to give a girl.  2.  That's an awesome present to give a girl.  3.  And now she knows how to wear it during fights. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread