My ideal five watch collection:
1. AP Royal Oak 15400 - my first acquisition; will be my daily wearer for the foreseeable future:
2. Nomos Tangomat - coveted this watch at a time when I couldn't justify throwing down even $2500. Love how it's so eccentric, unpretentious, and elegant under a shirt cuff. My next purchase
3. IWC Big Pilot 5009 - was seriously considering this against the AP. Love how "FU" this looks on the wrist, the sweep of the second hand, and the quirky numerals:
(Would be happy with 1-3; 4 and 5 are if I become rich)
4. ALS Richard Lange, Platinum - perfect size and dial for a dress watch for me; love Lange's aspiration to quartz-like accuracy with this one (more useful and impressive to me than most complications)
5. Richard Mille 035 - Love that it was engineered for maximum lightness and ability to withstand shock - as with the RL, a more useful feature to me than calendars, chrono, moonphase, etc. Also think this is one of the most tasteful RM models without compromising the RM DNA.