or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1085

post #16261 of 34720
I know next to nothing about watches, and I know there are serious collectors out there, but given some of the unbelievable candy this thread produces, I just assumed fake submissions occurred regularly... Should have known better, I suppose.
post #16262 of 34720

I will not even comment on the wrong corrected people in this thread. 

post #16263 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I will not even comment on the wrong corrected people in this thread. 

hey man, not saying you intentionally bought a fake. but you were ripped off if someone sold that sub as legit. Id contact the seller and get your money back. If you doubt me, take it to any AD and have them check it out. id be willing to bet anything i own on my assessment.
post #16264 of 34720
trust derek
post #16265 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

I know next to nothing about watches, and I know there are serious collectors out there, but given some of the unbelievable candy this thread produces, I just assumed fake submissions occurred regularly... Should have known better, I suppose.

i wil not comment on the current situation, but while not uncommon, it is not on the reg that fakes are posted, afaik.
post #16266 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


hey man, not saying you intentionally bought a fake. but you were ripped off if someone sold that sub as legit. Id contact the seller and get your money back. If you doubt me, take it to any AD and have them check it out. id be willing to bet anything i own on my assessment.

I bought that rolex used from a guy at my work who I know very well. I doubt it's a fake? But will do it tomorrow.

post #16267 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I bought that rolex used from a guy at my work who I know very well. I doubt it's a fake? But will do it tomorrow.

hate it for you man. ....buit, if i dont know for a 100% fact that im right, i wont argue a point too hard for fear of looking like a dumbass. but this is not a question to me. If i still lived with my roommate who owns that watch, AND if i had nothing better to do, id take detailed pics and show you the VERY obvious differences.

get your money back.
post #16268 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I bought that rolex used from a guy at my work who I know very well. I doubt it's a fake? But will do it tomorrow.


Does he have any other watches inside his trench coat?
post #16269 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


hate it for you man. ....buit, if i dont know for a 100% fact that im right, i wont argue a point too hard for fear of looking like a dumbass. but this is not a question to me. If i still lived with my roommate who owns that watch, AND if i had nothing better to do, id take detailed pics and show you the VERY obvious differences.
get your money back.

I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks Derek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-K-L View Post


Does he have any other watches inside his trench coat?

No.

post #16270 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks Derek.
No.

Let me understand this, you've posted 3 watches in this thread recently? The Bulgari is yours and you claim is 4 years old, the other you claim as a xmas gift from your dad (Hubolt) and a 3rd you claim you bought from a friend, right (the Rolly)?

So you and 2 other people all unknowingly bought fakes and the ones from the 2 other people made their way to you unwittingly?

Also, you claim to own an AP. Any pics? And what other watches have you posted here and claim to own?

Not saying you're lying, just trying to get the story strait because you have a pretty expensive collection and your dad buys you some pretty serious gifts.
post #16271 of 34720
Like derek said, hopefully you can get your money back.

To all the lurkers that is reading this thread. Don't be afraid to take your Rolex to an AD to get it check out.

If for some magically reason they refuse to check it out. You can always send it to the RSC. They will open the watch and see if your watch need any servicing or has any aftermarket parts . Then you obviously decline the service and they will ship back you the watch. They will give you a receipt with the serial number. From there, you know 10000% sure your Rolex is legit.

Another option is to take it your trusted watch maker. Tell him to pop the watch open and check out the movement. Also remind him to pressure test the watch.
post #16272 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Finally got my first Rolex in my collection. Time to save up for a IWC...

Then i'll lay low for a while.

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

Like others have said, I would also recommend you authenticate that because I have suspicions about the authenticity... Key in on the pearl bezel insert and the "Swiss Made" inscription. The spacing and relative sizing just seem off to me

 

Here are a few pics of a real Sub for reference

http://people.timezone.com/mdisher/andrewb/3135/Rolex01b.jpg

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f29/14270d1150313783-fsot-rolex-submariner-16800-r-serial-rolex1.jpg

http://dimitar-dimitrov.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/VM_FOLIO_ROLEX_SUBMARINER_SM.jpg

post #16273 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

Like others have said, I would also recommend you authenticate that because I have suspicions about the authenticity... Key in on the pearl bezel insert and the "Swiss Made" inscription. The spacing and relative sizing just seem off to me

Here are a few pics of a real Sub for reference
http://people.timezone.com/mdisher/andrewb/3135/Rolex01b.jpg
http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f29/14270d1150313783-fsot-rolex-submariner-16800-r-serial-rolex1.jpg
http://dimitar-dimitrov.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/VM_FOLIO_ROLEX_SUBMARINER_SM.jpg

those are tough to compare to his. the first to are 16610 subs....and the last one is is the new ceramic sub but isnt an actual pic...its a graphic design pic...not of an actual watch. He states its a CGI composite of a rolex ceramic sub.
post #16274 of 34720
I bought this watch sometime in H.S. and it started to get vapor underneath the glass, so I took it in to get fixed and they chipped the glass taking it off (didn't realize until later) and so I haven't worn it since. I was wondering if it's worth getting fixed or should I ditch it?

LL

I think I paid around $500 for it.
post #16275 of 34720
I do believe this thread is officially over.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread