Originally Posted by Cylon
So I'm curious to hear what others are looking at for their next watch purchase. You may recall I made a trip to a few local ADs on black friday and tried on a few pieces. So I guess the Q is: Whats on your short list?
Items on my short list (although no matter how the short the list is, I never reach the end).
1. JLC Reverso (either ultra thin or 1931 Tribute). I almost purchased a Reverso in the past but ended up choosing other watches.
2. Black Dial Rolex Explorer 2 or Sub C (although sometimes I consider a vintage Sub. I still have a green bezel Sub Date from 2005.
3. Piaget Altiplano...maybe vintage with a stone dial, or current manual wind with subdial at 10 o'clock.
4. Porsche Design Ocean 2000 vintage model by IWC or pre-owned doppel chrono from the late 1990s on bracelet (I don't care for the current versions).
5. Patek Gondolo (one of the larger more recent models, although I wish the movements were rectangular).