or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1054

post #15796 of 35475
its a classy looking watch. enjoy it.
post #15797 of 35475

Thanks Stitch! Yea and I second that! That rock is B-A-L-L-I-N'!! Lol.. awesome man!

post #15798 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol, i meant i picked it up from one of our offices, to bring it to a buyer. not a personal purchase, for work. we bought it a few weeks ago.
you were kinda close, that little rock is worth well over 100k.

well I intentionally stayed on the low end as I know that high color and clarity could easily make it twice what I quoted... not knowing it wasn't personal I was trying to error on the side of "not being an ass" LOL! but ya a 5ct can easily be 6 figures... so what chocsosa said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

Thanks Stitch! Yea and I second that! That rock is B-A-L-L-I-N'!! Lol.. awesome man!

+1 ballin for sure!
post #15799 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

paid about $250 for it.. I already know its a fixer upper, but I liked the simple design. I was not skeptical at first until I started doing research on the movement and being I cant tell what kind of Omega that it is, made it hard. Could not find anything out about the movement research wise so that made me doubt it after the fact. I know, not wise.

ah ya but for $250 it was not a huge risk and I agree with Stitchy... it's cool and classic... enjoy!!
post #15800 of 35475
Hi Kid,

Price of a diamond isn't simply size...color and clarity are crucial to value. Also depends on where you are buying...a similar size stone, E or D color and internally flawless from Van Cleef or Cartier would be several hundred thousand dollars...a similar size stone H or I in color S1 clarity from a local jeweler a fraction of that.
post #15801 of 35475

I would assume you found Omega's database during your research, but if not, go here and you can search the number on the case if it's from 1946 or after.

post #15802 of 35475
Hi Stitch,

Always fun to look at diamonds. Just curious, what's the color & clarity?
post #15803 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

I would assume you found Omega's database during your research, but if not, go here and you can search the number on the case if it's from 1946 or after.


Tried and could not find it. Yea I searched on there for like an hour after work

post #15804 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Hi Stitch,
Always fun to look at diamonds. Just curious, what's the color & clarity?

hey, D. glad you enjoyed. im pretty sure it was an E/VS2.
post #15805 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post

Gents,
GF is looking to buy me a new watch to carry me through my mid twenties. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Price range is $600-700, though if I found a stellar unit I could top off her contribution up to, let's say, $1300.

There are a number of very nice Japanese watches in that price range. I think you will get better quality from Japan at the under $1300 price point than you will from a Euro/Swiss brand.

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SARB065/SEIKO-Mechanical-SARB065-Cocktail-Time.html

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/O-WZ0251EL/ORIENT-STAR-CLASSIC-WZ0251EL.html
post #15806 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post

Gents,
GF is looking to buy me a new watch to carry me through my mid twenties. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Price range is $600-700, though if I found a stellar unit I could top off her contribution up to, let's say, $1300. This is my current piece:
Nothing impressive, but looks nice to my eye.
I am a big fan of this as well:
Please feel free to recommend! Leather bands are preferred as I find them more comfortable.

That Orvis is nice!
post #15807 of 35475
Quote:
Tried and could not find it.

Yeah, same. Are you sure it wasn't a Cal 550; it looks like one, and it even appears to be the number under the Omega mark? If you are interested in the Cal 510, here is a fun link. Even if it's a bit of a frankenstein, it's still a very nice looking watch, enjoy it.

post #15808 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


hey, D. glad you enjoyed. im pretty sure it was an E/VS2.

 Hi Stitch, thanks for the info.  I developed an interest in diamonds when shopping for an engagement ring years ago.  Nice stone, I'm sure it will go to a good home. 

post #15809 of 35475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 Hi Stitch, thanks for the info.  I developed an interest in diamonds when shopping for an engagement ring years ago.  Nice stone, I'm sure it will go to a good home. 

no probs. yes, diamonds can be tantalizing. especially ones with an excellent cut. i hope it finds a happy home too.

we also recently purchased an amazing pair of tiffany & co studs. wish i could give them to my wife for our upcoming 10th anniversary, g-d willing, they are stunning. sadly, they are well out of the budget. close to 20k.
post #15810 of 35475
Speaking of Orient, glad I got this one before they discontinued it:



Back to the horn back Sub today

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread