or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1041

post #15601 of 34160
mmmmmmmmmmmm
post #15602 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by depechedior View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

nunarany.jpg

 


 

 Thats a real beauty!!!  Probably one of my favorite designs from Patek.  Enjoy it.

post #15603 of 34160
love the color of the dial
post #15604 of 34160
bg-1.jpg
post #15605 of 34160
now thats a classy timepiece.
post #15606 of 34160
I concur wholeheartedly. With just enough eccentricity to make it distinct.
post #15607 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

bg-1.jpg

 

Another beauty.  I really like the simple and plain sub dial. 

 

Although, I've always liked their guioched dials...and then it would help justify their guioched dial cufflinks smile.gif

post #15608 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I concur wholeheartedly. With just enough eccentricity to make it distinct.

yup. i love the slightly off center sub dial.
post #15609 of 34160
I was looking at the 1931 Tribute to Reverso US Edition and thought it looked pretty interesting. However, it got me to wondering what other options there are at that price point. I'm just trying to expand my horizons so I'm open to just about any suggestions you may have.
post #15610 of 34160
Just bought this at work. Want to keep so bad.

post #15611 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Just bought this at work. Want to keep so bad.

i struggle with this watch. ive owned it twice. every time i see it, i love it...then i buy it, and the newness wears off and i never wear it. then i sell it, start cycle over again a year or so later.
post #15612 of 34160
The date window on that thing is fairly atrocious, in my most humble of opinions.
post #15613 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Just bought this at work. Want to keep so bad.

Its a classic and the price is pretty reasonble.  I came pretty close to buying one about 2 years ago.  My 2 issues are the movement is a bit ordinary (ETA) and some times I feel like I wish it were just a little wider.  I find the Santos 100 too large and clunky.  A friend of mine has the Santos Galbee XL and it looks great on his wrist.  When I try it on it feels like it should be just a little larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

i struggle with this watch. ive owned it twice. every time i see it, i love it...then i buy it, and the newness wears off and i never wear it. then i sell it, start cycle over again a year or so later.

Clearly its not the right piece for you if it doesn't get wrist time.  One of my Rolex watches needed a new home when I realized I had not worn it in probably 4 years. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

The date window on that thing is fairly atrocious, in my most humble of opinions.

Respectfully I have to disagree.  I think its a pretty decent solution to giving the wearer a date.  I like it better than losing the 3 or 6 o'clock marker, which was done on the smaller sized version and on the Tank Francaise.  But to each his own. 

post #15614 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Just bought this at work. Want to keep so bad.
 

 

Cant stand the rivets.  Tank Solo on the other hand...fap fap fap.

post #15615 of 34160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackmittonz View Post

I was looking at the 1931 Tribute to Reverso US Edition and thought it looked pretty interesting. However, it got me to wondering what other options there are at that price point. I'm just trying to expand my horizons so I'm open to just about any suggestions you may have.

 

So...youre looking for a watch around the 7k mark? Dress? Sport?  There's lots to say here, but we may need a bit more discrimination

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread