or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 1004

post #15046 of 38523
That is sweet.

(didn't "spoiler" it because it deserves to be seen again.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

No time for actual camera pictures, but a quick iPhone shot on my ABP brown ostrich strap...LOVE how understated the watch is and the size of the Ultra-Thin is perfect.
6EEE5C26-7501-4F10-ADCE-01891CC82AB7-10370-000004A3B4F097A8.jpg
post #15047 of 38523
You're having more fun at work that I am. (we have a strict "no guns" policy where I work.)

I'm not a big Panerai fan, but I have to say that I like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Fun shot at work.
qagy7a4e.jpg
post #15048 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

You're having more fun at work that I am. (we have a strict "no guns" policy where I work.)
I'm not a big Panerai fan, but I have to say that I like this one.

lol.

thanks, kai. i like it too. took me a while to appreciate the panerais, but no there is no turning back. smile.gif
post #15049 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol.
thanks, kai. i like it too. took me a while to appreciate the panerais, but no there is no turning back. smile.gif

How wide are the lugs? 22mm?
post #15050 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

How wide are the lugs? 22mm?

no idea. shog[1].gif

but according to the interwebs, 24mm.
post #15051 of 38523
What size is your wrist stitches? I wanna get a panny homage (broke college student) but with a 6.75'' wrist I'm not sure I could pull it off.
post #15052 of 38523
Partagasiv,

I had the ultra thin on my wrist a month ago and loved it. I loath my dress shirt getting hung up on my watch, how does your perform in this manner?
post #15053 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by plot View Post

What size is your wrist stitches? I wanna get a panny homage (broke college student) but with a 6.75'' wrist I'm not sure I could pull it off.

my wrist is 7.25/7.5 inches. but you really have to try it on to see if it will look right on your wrist. good luck!
post #15054 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayingrobot View Post


Overpriced, but what else is so durable, useful, masculine? Perhaps only the sub.

IMG_0283.JPG 1654k .JPG file

Congrats on a very cool Nautilus! If you mostly do office work it should be durable enough for you. My Dad used a Nautilus as a daily wearer and he worked in an office and he never had issues with it. However, if you are really concerned about durability and if you are tough on watches be careful with that. It's very far from durable compared to a Sub. A friend who had a Nautilus as a daily wearer and was very tough on watches sold his as it just wasn't durable enough for him. It just doesn't stand up to hard knocks like a Rolex (understandably). Every two years or some after all the abuse he put it through in the kitchen of his restaurant, it would start acting up, go in for repairs and it would cost about $2k for the repairs. After 3 or 4 instances he tired of the repairs and costs & sold it.

Best regards,
Dino
post #15055 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

sidebar - guns scare the crap out of me, and i hate being around them.

Cool photo with the Sig. Take a basic pistol course, you will get over your fear of guns, learn a lot, and you might have some fun. My wife took a basic pistol course at a local gun club and she had a great time. She even turned out to be a very good shot!
post #15056 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Cool photo with the Sig. Take a basic pistol course, you will get over your fear of guns, learn a lot, and you might have some fun. My wife took a basic pistol course at a local gun club and she had a great time. She even turned out to be a very good shot!

im not sure i want to lose my fear of guns. frown.gif
post #15057 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

which tool is that (the forked pick type thingy?)? any good ones i should buy?

The Bergeon 6767F
post #15058 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im not sure i want to lose my fear of guns. frown.gif

I think you should. A fear of an inanimate object is irrational at best and dangerous at worst. Choose to fear criminal with guns, or ordinary people with guns, or the gun laws where you live. All depending on your personal beliefs and political leanings. But fear what you know, not what you don't.
post #15059 of 38523
file-11.jpg
post #15060 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im not sure i want to lose my fear of guns. frown.gif

If I was working at a jewelry shop (or anything else at a high risk of robbery), I would be ready to shoot, as most robbers around here are eastern block and don't give a fuck.

There was a small watch shop owner, who shot some robbers years ago after being robbed 7 times, even though guns are illegal here, he got of with only the gun charges.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread