or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 36826
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Checking time against the piazza's one-hand clock in Siena (same watch)

You're making me get teary eyed. I lived in Siena for about half a year and was there for both Palio races. I spent many nights in that Piazza.
post #17 of 36826
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
You're making me get teary eyed. I lived in Siena for about half a year and was there for both Palio races. I spent many nights in that Piazza.

I love Siena too. This pic was taken the day before the august Palio, a couple hours before the last dry run. Whatever people think about the ethics of this race, it is by far the most exciting "sport" event I've ever attended. The energy throughout town is incredible
post #18 of 36826
Pictures of my collection:

From left to right:
1) Girard Perregaux 2520 Blue dial Richeville
2) IWC Portofino on S/S rice bracelet
3) Ulysse Nardin 40mm Marine Diver with silver dial

Second row:
1) Ulysse Nardin San Marco "Small Date" GMT
2) IWC 3706 Pilot Chronograph

Third row:
1) Oris 35mm Elegance (eta 2892)

Fourth Row:
1) JLC Master Ultra thin, silver dial with navy strap






Not shown: Lindburgh & Benson (Lorsa handwind) Charcoal face tonneau
post #19 of 36826
Thread Starter 
norcal - your collection has been growing fast! I like that UN GMT
post #20 of 36826
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I love Siena too. This pic was taken the day before the august Palio, a couple hours before the last dry run. Whatever people think about the ethics of this race, it is by far the most exciting "sport" event I've ever attended. The energy throughout town is incredible

I was there in 2004 and it was that year during the second Palio that when a horse turned the sharp left corner (if you're standing in the middle facing the tower) clipped the edge, stumbled, got trampled and eventually died.

You are right about the energy...especially as the parade ends and everyone is sitting there waiting for the horses to line and not knowing when they'll hear the thunderous BOOM from the mortar cannon.
post #21 of 36826
I humbly submit my extremely modest contribution... please do not snicker.

post #22 of 36826
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
I was there in 2004 and it was that year during the second Palio that when a horse turned the sharp left corner (if you're standing in the middle facing the tower) clipped the edge, stumbled, got trampled and eventually died.
That was the day after this pic was taken

I think these before/after pics illustrate some of the energy on that piazza

Before:


After:




This is the lethal corner:
post #23 of 36826
Ha, small world.
post #24 of 36826
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/210...dZ1#la-image-2

That is so beautiful, I want it..


P.S
How does these auctions work? pm me about it
D.S
post #25 of 36826
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
OB - the Ranchero is awesome - is your collection 100% Omega?

Yes 100%. Almost more by accident by design, I like to find the sweet spot of quality and value and Omega hits that for me. They have some great designs and styles particularly vintage, I think vintage can be a minefield so sticking with one brand makes it less likely that you will buy too many lemons.


This a bit of Schedoni leather with a few surprises inside;



post #26 of 36826
sooooo nice!
post #27 of 36826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegablogger View Post
Yes 100%. Almost more by accident by design, I like to find the sweet spot of quality and value and Omega hits that for me. They have some great designs and styles particularly vintage, I think vintage can be a minefield so sticking with one brand makes it less likely that you will buy too many lemons.


This a bit of Schedoni leather with a few surprises inside;

http://www.omegablogger.com/images/led1.jpg

http://www.omegablogger.com/images/led5.jpg

Oh. My. God.
post #28 of 36826
There is a little movie here but view at your own risk, if you are already excited by this thread your cork may well pop.

http://www.omegablogger.com/archives/88
post #29 of 36826



post #30 of 36826
Here's some of mine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread