or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 996

post #14926 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Current or vintage?

The 01-0240-410C491GB which is relatively new but I think there were some changes made to the current version (arabic vs. roman numerals for example).

Thanks.
post #14927 of 31063
@ arigold, im sorry, but i have to be the voice of dissent, the portuguese is awesome. but it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbln79 View Post

Sorry Stiches,

Needed to wait until Friday to wear the 112.  It's on ammo strap here: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

looks fantastic! can we get a better pic of that strap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

Guys:

I don't suppose anyone here knows a JLC dealer well? 

I want to get that mock-tropic leather strap that comes on the Deep Sea watches.

If it's 20mm with 16-18mm buckle end I'd like to put it on a Rolex 1680 I have coming. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

PM in stitches I think he works with watches, but i'm not sure.

correct. feel free to drop a line, hayward, id be glad to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Reverso on the Duomo roof Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif love that watch smile.gif
post #14928 of 31063

So we are 3 now who haves the JLC reverso in this thread, stitchy, sdolina? Anyone else, thinking about makin ''JLC WORLDCUP TEAM''

post #14929 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

So we are 3 now who haves the JLC reverso in this thread, stitchy, sdolina? Anyone else, thinking about makin ''JLC WORLDCUP TEAM''

I thought Stitch owns a Master Hometime and not a Reverso, but maybe I'm wrong?  I'm a huge admirer of the Reverso, and will probably get one at some point (I even convinced one of my friend's husband to get one).   I've come close to buying one more than once, but a few other watches came along and cut ahead of it on my list of "Must haves."  Its definitely a watch I have my eye on, probably something in the GT case so it can be worn for dressier functions and with a suit. 

post #14930 of 31063
I've got a couple Reversos.
1024image013rm2.jpg
1024image013vu3.jpg
post #14931 of 31063
Watches that don't have a round face disturb me. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'll never wear a watch with a face that wasn't round.
post #14932 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I thought Stitch owns a Master Hometime and not a Reverso, but maybe I'm wrong?  I'm a huge admirer of the Reverso, and will probably get one at some point (I even convinced one of my friend's husband to get one).   I've come close to buying one more than once, but a few other watches came along and cut ahead of it on my list of "Must haves."  Its definitely a watch I have my eye on, probably something in the GT case so it can be worn for dressier functions and with a suit. 

No he has a reverso aswell. And you should it's a really great watch and works perfect with suits. Now my taste is for little bigger watches as AP (that I will buy any day now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I've got a couple Reversos.

 

Welcome to the club my friend, super nice!
post #14933 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

1024image013rm2.jpg]I've

Is that a standard up/down or the LE?
post #14934 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

So we are 3 now who haves the JLC reverso in this thread, stitchy, sdolina? Anyone else, thinking about makin ''JLC WORLDCUP TEAM''

lots more have the reverso, but its 3 with the squadra hometime reverso. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

I thought Stitch owns a Master Hometime and not a Reverso, but maybe I'm wrong?  I'm a huge admirer of the Reverso, and will probably get one at some point (I even convinced one of my friend's husband to get one).   I've come close to buying one more than once, but a few other watches came along and cut ahead of it on my list of "Must haves."  Its definitely a watch I have my eye on, probably something in the GT case so it can be worn for dressier functions and with a suit. 

noap, hampton was correct. smile.gif

and i agree, you should get one. they make models for every taste!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I've got a couple Reversos. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1024image013rm2.jpg
1024image013vu3.jpg

great collection.
post #14935 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandr View Post

Watches that don't have a round face disturb me. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'll never wear a watch with a face that wasn't round.

I've heard this is one of the points of the reverso... There's no reason why a square watch should look good on the wrist, which has round curves that are more congruent with a round watch. However, the Reverso just looks really good on the wrist anyway- I think its case proportions fit the Fibonacci ratio "golden number," which is supposed to be in a lot of things that look beautiful to our eye.
post #14936 of 31063

Stitchy, i'm going for AP (Royal Oak Chronograph with dark blue dial) it's retailed for $25K and I will get it for $19K in the store from the guy I know, brand new of course. What do you think? 

 

If so i'll score it tomorrow.

 

 

700

post #14937 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

1024image013rm2.jpg]I've

Is that a standard up/down or the LE?

Standard model. I've had it for about 11 years now.
post #14938 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Stitchy, i'm going for AP (Royal Oak Chronograph with dark blue dial) it's retailed for $25K and I will get it for $19K in the store from the guy I know, brand new of course. What do you think? 

If so i'll score it tomorrow.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i think it is a beautiful timepiece. personally, i am partial to the more simple ROs that have been posted here, no chrono. but, im a in a simple phase right now. go with your gut, and enjoy!

smile.gif
post #14939 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i think it is a beautiful timepiece. personally, i am partial to the more simple ROs that have been posted here, no chrono. but, im a in a simple phase right now. go with your gut, and enjoy!
smile.gif

Well I am to, classic watches. But now i'm feeling for all this big and steel watches to have with little more casual clothing. Since I only have like ''suit watches''

 

But do you think it's a good price or could it be found cheaper?

post #14940 of 31063
you are geting it at 24% back from full retail. i dont know what the norm is for AP discounts from ADs, but it sounds quite reasonable to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread