or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 935

post #14011 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Someone talk me out of this.

Im not in it for an amazing movement, I dont know the "guts" of watches well, nor do I care. I think it looks awesome for a vintage piece. Anyone know something I dont that should dissuade me?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972679341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_720wt_1143
looks redone, and shipping from uruguay. lots of fakes down there not worth the price of shipping. avoid.
post #14012 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

looks redone, and shipping from uruguay. lots of fakes down there not worth the price of shipping. avoid.

my wallet thanks you.
post #14013 of 31069
I know nothing about Hermès watches or how their logos may have changed, but the script without the grave accent looks suspicious...
post #14014 of 31069
True.. it looks like the face inst original, I would steer clear

Dial : was recently refinished condition is very good +++, see pictures please they are accurate.

Maybe ask the seller about this. It looks new, not refurbished.
post #14015 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvll View Post

opinions?

 

 

post #14016 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

my wallet thanks you.

If you like that look, I'm pretty sure I've seen similar vintage Lemania and Heur watches.
post #14017 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall41 View Post

That's correct Finn but my watch is the 38 mm version of the El Primero, based more closely on the original A386. See:
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/5/17/comparing-classic-chronographs-zeniths-something-old-vs-some.html
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/4/18/the-best-of-zenith-basel-world-2011-the-stuff-you-wont-see-a.html

Oh I hadn't seen that they make a 38mm as well nice.
post #14018 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Someone talk me out of this.

Im not in it for an amazing movement, I dont know the "guts" of watches well, nor do I care. I think it looks awesome for a vintage piece. Anyone know something I dont that should dissuade me?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972679341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_720wt_1143

If you are not in it only for the label, look at other Landeron-powered and/or Chronographe Suisse-labeled pieces.

Today;

file-6.jpg
post #14019 of 31069
IMG_2753.jpg
post #14020 of 31069

Bad photo, but a beautiful day.  Definitely need the new iPhone 5 for better photos on the go.

 

post #14021 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Bad photo, but a beautiful day.  Definitely need the new iPhone 5 for better photos on the go.


Weeell, I don't think it's in the equipment... wink.gif
post #14022 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post


Weeell, I don't think it's in the equipment... wink.gif

I wish it wasn't the equipment... I'm still using the old iPhone 3G (with crappy camera).  I've been holding out for the iPhone5.  Thank goodness they will be available soon!

 

Here's a better photo from a real camera.

post #14023 of 31069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Someone talk me out of this.

Im not in it for an amazing movement, I dont know the "guts" of watches well, nor do I care. I think it looks awesome for a vintage piece. Anyone know something I dont that should dissuade me?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972679341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_720wt_1143

Similar enough?

post #14024 of 31069

This is the one I will buy. My dream watch right there, fucking love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post

file-6.jpg
post #14025 of 31069
Thread Starter 
I guess I'm the only one not wearing an AP RO around here today ? wink.gif

IMG01268-20120914-1206m.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread