or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 930

post #13936 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Hey Stitch, I'll see what I can do about getting some photos.  The last time I went to their boutique in Chicago they didn't want me taking any photos.  Not sure if it will be different at my local boutique. 

not unusual, i have experienced the same in certain places. i hope they are are cool with it at this event.
post #13937 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

overhead light reflection. i was frown.gif when i noticed it in the pic. ah well.

The watch also looks misty, as if someone was breathing a bit too fast and was dripping excitement.
post #13938 of 35666


my first ever automatic watch!!
post #13939 of 35666
Great to see the Reverso on the brown Fagliano. I was thinking it would look 'off' not matching like a belt leather and shoe leather--but gotta say, it looks really nice on the brown shell. Hoping to try one on later this week.
post #13940 of 35666
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post

Soviet vintage )

Love the size and look of that one, Kapp. Lovely inlove.gif
post #13941 of 35666
That Reverso is gorgeous, I really like the look of the brown Fagliano strap. I always thought the black-strapped version looked a bit unorthodox (I guess I just don't like black for what seems to be a very casual looking watch strap), but the brown really ties the whole look together. I really hope I can get my hands on a Reverso one day.

And that is a lovely Hamilton, an excellent choice for your first automatic. Slightly reminiscent of the GO Senator Sixties, in my most humble of opinions.

Also, some great watches that have been posted lately. Truly, this has been one of the threak's golden eras.
post #13942 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

not at present, ill lyk if they should cross my path. smile.gif

Thanks. Most appreciated.
post #13943 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Yesterday was a great watch porn day.
Went to wempe, and the breguet flagship boutique in NYC. An amazing minute repeater at breguet being the highlight, just wow. Also never saw so many tourbs in day.
Met up with dopey and gdl. Dopey was wearing a vintage omega. gdl was wearing his watch from the OP, and was kind enough to let me take this homage pic.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

yvyzasa2.jpg
he even let my wear it myself and take my own pic. I chose a steak backdrop.
ate8a6ar.jpg

 

Sounds like a great day Stitches. I know I always enjoy taking a look at few watches and talking about them with a few people who share the same interest.

post #13944 of 35666
Is this the world's ugliest watch?


post #13945 of 35666
Only slightly uglier than some of the robocop monstrosities posted lately.
post #13946 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post

The watch also looks misty, as if someone was breathing a bit too fast and was dripping excitement.

i can neither confirm or deny these allegations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Sounds like a great day Stitches. I know I always enjoy taking a look at few watches and talking about them with a few people who share the same interest.

exactly. i was really lucky in that all the SAs i spoke to had a genuine interest in watches, and watch making. despite knowing i had no intention of making a purchase, they were all all very gracious with their time even offering to show me things i didnt ask to see. the breguet lady even offered me a loupe to scope out the skeletonized tourb, the guilloche dials, and the movements through the case back. it was a wonderful experience.
post #13947 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Only slightly uglier than some of the robocop monstrosities posted lately.

 

Stop dissing pimp watches, you'll get us all banned.

 


Edited by Hayward - 9/10/12 at 9:57pm
post #13948 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


not unusual, i have experienced the same in certain places. i hope they are are cool with it at this event.

Hey Stitch, sorry no photos.  It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director.  They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces.  If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday).  My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt787 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

my first ever automatic watch!!

Congrats and enjoy!

post #13949 of 35666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Hey Stitch, sorry no photos.  It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director.  They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces.  If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday).  My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal. 

no worries. glad you had a good time. sounds like pr0n heaven. and yes, precious metal rotors are a nice extra touch and often really should be done as standard at a certain price point, at least imo.
post #13950 of 35666
I really wish I could attend this. If anyone goes, can you post pics?

http://leffot.com/2012/09/08/vintage-rolex-pop-up-scotch-watch/
Quote:
Vintage Rolex Pop-up: “Scotch & Watch”

We invite you to join us for an exclusive retrospective of Vintage Rolex timepieces from the 1960′s to 1980′s.

If you’re a watch enthusiast you won’t want to miss the killer selection of Vintage Rolexes that expert Reg Brack has curated for this event.

Friday evening’s “Scotch & Watch” beverages are sponsored through the generosity of The Balvenie. We will be featuring a tasting of three handcrafted single malts, Double Wood 12 yr, Caribbean Cask 14 yr, and Peated Cask 17yr. We hope to see you there.

Scotch & Watch Preview:
Friday, September 14th from 6-8pm

Pop-Up Watch Event:
Saturday, September 15th from 1-7pm

Prices begin in the $3,000s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread