or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 925

post #13861 of 36821
took a lume pic of my sub

DSC_0149-1.jpg
post #13862 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post

Picked up my ROO diver today (on offshore bracelet). pics to come!

 Congrats!  I really think it looks best on the bracelet, so nice choice.  Now lets see some pix!  Would also like to see a picture of its lume. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Yah, thats what i figured, just doin mah due dilegence.
Thanks all for your help.

 Glad to be of some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post

took a lume pic of my sub
eDSC_0149-1.jpg

 Nice photo.  I really like the blue lume they are using.

post #13863 of 36821
i really like the new ceramic sub. anymore shots?
post #13864 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZI View Post

 

The amount I would spend on a nice watch winder... I'd rather just buy another watch.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 +1

 

Nice Tudor chrono!  Share some more photos when you have time.

post #13865 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 +1

 

Nice Tudor chrono!  Share some more photos when you have time.

 

Tomorrow I'll be wearing something a little more square... :)

post #13866 of 36821
following this thread has caused me to hate wearing my watch. plain.gif

I am considering whoring myself out to older women to cover the expense of the watch I want, any client leads would be greatly appreciated. I will pay you a commission.
post #13867 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

following this thread has caused me to hate wearing my watch. plain.gif
I am considering whoring myself out to older women to cover the expense of the watch I want, any client leads would be greatly appreciated. I will pay you a commission.

 

It's not about the watch at all. It's about how you wear it and carry yourself.

 

I have a watchbox FILLED with watches... the one I've kept for the past 20 years is a 1986 Citizen Yachtmaster. A friend of mine gave it to me and I've kept it. The crystal has scrapes on it, the original rubber strap is missing... it's probably worth $10 to someone else. I wear it on NATO and when someone asks me what it is I'll introduce it like I'm wearing one of my IWC or Bell & Ross watches. Because it is a BAD ASS watch...

 

On the opposite end I just can't wear Rolex. I love the watches but I just can't pull them off. I have owned a few and feel uncomfortable wearing them. I always imagine a flamboyant businessman wearing one and I just don't pull that image.

 

Oddly enough all the Rolex people I have seen are really down to earth people. It kills my stereotype but I still can't pull off a Rolex. Sucks because the Datejust and Sub are such iconic pieces that every time I sell one I want another... 

post #13868 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZI View Post


On the opposite end I just can't wear Rolex. I love the watches but I just can't pull them off. I have owned a few and feel uncomfortable wearing them. I always imagine a flamboyant businessman wearing one and I just don't pull that image.

Not all models are flamboyant.

post #13869 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post


Not all models are flamboyant.

 

Not the models. The majority of the models are simplistic and iconic. They could be worn 30-40 years ago and have the same prestige as today.

 

I meant the people who would wear them. I have no idea where I picked up the stupid stereotype. 

post #13870 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

following this thread has caused me to hate wearing my watch. plain.gif
I am considering whoring myself out to older women to cover the expense of the watch I want, any client leads would be greatly appreciated. I will pay you a commission.

 Even with a few nice watches this thread will make you want to find a way to pick up a few more.  Just save and at some point before you know it you will be getting a nice watch. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post


Not all models are flamboyant.

 

Absolutely classic!  Love it.  The patina on the dial and hands are perfect.   

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZI View Post

 

Not the models. The majority of the models are simplistic and iconic. They could be worn 30-40 years ago and have the same prestige as today.

 

I meant the people who would wear them. I have no idea where I picked up the stupid stereotype. 

Not all of us "Rolex people" are bad.  I met a guy that is about 15 years younger than me who only wears IWCs and Omegas, and he was sleezy, dishonest, and obnoxious.  I don't blame the watches he is likes to wear, I blame his parents for not using protection that night.

post #13871 of 36821

Wearing this one today.

post #13872 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

 Congrats!  I really think it looks best on the bracelet, so nice choice.  Now lets see some pix!  Would also like to see a picture of its lume. 

 Glad to be of some help.

 Nice photo.  I really like the blue lume they are using.

 

And what is this for? So that the schlub sitting next to you at the theater will be constantly distracted by your Rolex?

 

Horrible. Horrible and stupid. Watch lume is supposed to be green, for functional as well as aesthetic reasons. 

 

More proof that whomever runs Rolex now needs to be castrated. Vulgar Clown Watches. 

post #13873 of 36821
Picked up another 1680 yesterday. Very happy with the state of this one.
7951742442_4c9f76c479_b.jpg
post #13874 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-han View Post

Picked up another 1680 yesterday. Very happy with the state of this one.
7951742442_4c9f76c479_b.jpg

 

This. As well as poorsod's. This is what technical watches are supposed to look like.

post #13875 of 36821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-han View Post

Picked up another 1680 yesterday. Very happy with the state of this one.
7951742442_4c9f76c479_b.jpg

This is great. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread