or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 889

post #13321 of 34783
Congrats Moo! You still have your Rolex AK right?
post #13322 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr View Post

 

^ Nice MC flanker!

post #13323 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr View Post


i have long wanted that watch. tis a beaut.
post #13324 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

SPILL THE BEANS, TITS!!!!

Just for you Stitchy.

zero10.jpg
post #13325 of 34783
wOOt WoOT!!! inlove.gif

that is a great vintage piece. hard to get? expensive? y u no has one already?
post #13326 of 34783

Moo, you did buy the Omega as I told you after all :)!! Very nice watch, enjoy it will be with you a long time now!

post #13327 of 34783

Stitches you have a JLC reverso, right? And what more?

post #13328 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

wOOt WoOT!!! inlove.gif
that is a great vintage piece. hard to get? expensive? y u no has one already?

You could say rare. Only 2950 made between 1948 and 1953, and probably less than half of those are the RAAF variant, with a very minescule number of those having fixed bars. I would most likely take any that I could get my hands on though. While ~5k is not expensive by forum standards, it does fall outside of of my just had a new baby budget.
Edited by mktitsworth - 8/20/12 at 11:01pm
post #13329 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Stitches you have a JLC reverso, right? And what more?

indeed. squadra hometime. and a B&M capeland. i use to have an ebel large date and a rolex DJ, but sold them. pushing for a panerai now, as everyone knows. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

You could say rare. Only 2950 made between 1948 and 1953, and probably less than half of those are the RAAF variant, with a very minescule number of those having fixed bars. I would most likely take any that I could get my hands on though. While ~5k is not expensive by forum standards, it does fall outside of of my just had a new baby budget.

it will only be a matter of time my friend. congrats on the new baby! cheers.gif
post #13330 of 34783
Thanks. I am taking the time to learn patience and be discerning about my future purchases. Also, to try and tackle that mountain of teaching the five year old not to be an angel for everyone else and a complete jerk to us - but that one's going to be a rather long term project.
post #13331 of 34783

Very nice, I love that JLC. And how could you sell that rolex... shame on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


indeed. squadra hometime. and a B&M capeland. i use to have an ebel large date and a rolex DJ, but sold them. pushing for a panerai now, as everyone knows. smile.gif
post #13332 of 34783
Vintage Valjoux 72 chrono, though somewhat more affordable than the Rolex equivalent wink.gif Still a super cool piece!

I have a softspot for 70s Autavias, got three of them. The cal 12 Siffert might be the most popular, but to me this manual three-register chrono with Siffert coloring is even cooler.

DSC_4372.jpg
post #13333 of 34783
post #13334 of 34783
Quote:

teammate of jochen rindt
post #13335 of 34783
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

Thanks. I am taking the time to learn patience and be discerning about my future purchases. Also, to try and tackle that mountain of teaching the five year old not to be an angel for everyone else and a complete jerk to us - but that one's going to be a rather long term project.

laugh.gif i am very familiar with that project. good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Very nice, I love that JLC. And how could you sell that rolex... shame on you!

was a huge mistake frown.gif

--

NS, that is fantastic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread