or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 840

post #12586 of 31237

The Longines is an exceptionally handsome watch. They have done a good job of differentiating themselves from other brands at that price range.

post #12587 of 31237
Been considering a new watch for a long time, and a good candidate would be this IWC ref 3255

Ik81Tl.jpg

How much would you say this would cost used but in good condition? - and would you think this would look good with a brown strap?

Also, if anyone owns this watch or a very similar feel free to post a picture of you wearing it!!
post #12588 of 31237
Have a look on timegeeks, there was one for sale on there not to long ago.
post #12589 of 31237
Probably about 3 to 3.5k.
post #12590 of 31237
Happy birthday to me (yesterday)!

350

467
post #12591 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knisse View Post

Been considering a new watch for a long time, and a good candidate would be this IWC ref 3255
Ik81Tl.jpg
How much would you say this would cost used but in good condition? - and would you think this would look good with a brown strap?
Also, if anyone owns this watch or a very similar feel free to post a picture of you wearing it!!

Someone on Time Zone was selling it for $3k not too long ago. I think it is still available.

My recent purchase:

261
post #12592 of 31237
'
Edited by Kaplan - 7/9/12 at 4:54am
post #12593 of 31237

cgo, Nice watch!  How smooth are the pushers?

post #12594 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post


Someone on Time Zone was selling it for $3k not too long ago. I think it is still available.
My recent purchase:
261

Lovely, how much did you pay for it?

post #12595 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knisse View Post

Been considering a new watch for a long time, and a good candidate would be this IWC ref 3255

How much would you say this would cost used but in good condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

Someone on Time Zone was selling it for $3k not too long ago. I think it is still available.
]

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6215820&rid=0
post #12596 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knisse View Post

Been considering a new watch for a long time, and a good candidate would be this IWC ref 3255
Ik81Tl.jpg
How much would you say this would cost used but in good condition? - and would you think this would look good with a brown strap?
Also, if anyone owns this watch or a very similar feel free to post a picture of you wearing it!!

No more than $3K for the 16 if its on leather. You can find them 2400 - 2700 quite often depending on condition.

Brand new i saw them for 3700 but I think they are all all sold out replaced with the Mark 17
post #12597 of 31237
Jaeger Reverso Art Deco
white gold, salmon face.


My latest watch.

This has been something of a "grail" watch for me for quite a while. Not too many of them were made, and very few in white gold.

I work in a business casual environment, and want a "stealth" watch that didn't look too "dressy" but was still nice. This watch looks rather unassuming, and its better qualities are hidden on the reverse side. The white gold metal is also less"rich" than yellow or rose gold. Perfect every day watch for the environment I work in.

I've been looking for this particular watch for more than 3 years. Finally found this one on ebay. Snatched it up. Very happy. Only 1 more "grail" to go.

173

263
post #12598 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Jaeger Reverso Art Deco
white gold, salmon face.
My latest watch.
This has been something of a "grail" watch for me for quite a while. Not too many of them were made, and very few in white gold.
I work in a business casual environment, and want a "stealth" watch that didn't look too "dressy" but was still nice. This watch looks rather unassuming, and its better qualities are hidden on the reverse side. The white gold metal is also less"rich" than yellow or rose gold. Perfect every day watch for the environment I work in.
I've been looking for this particular watch for more than 3 years. Finally found this one on ebay. Snatched it up. Very happy. Only 1 more "grail" to go. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
173
263

Together with the strap that's one of the best looking watches in this thread. Certainly the best looking reverso. Very nice.
post #12599 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

cgo, Nice watch!  How smooth are the pushers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Lovely, how much did you pay for it?

Thanks. The pushers are smooth and I got this watch for $3K. Really nice watch I have to say.
post #12600 of 31237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

Thanks. The pushers are smooth and I got this watch for $3K. Really nice watch I have to say.

Cheers for your posts by way, same to you CKTR and others.

Where did you pick it up so reasonably cheap?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread