or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 785

post #11761 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


Yes. Are you a fellow Black OPs member?

IMG_2468.JPG

 

Well not as early as 2004 I believe when the 'named' Pam 195 came out .....but more recently this ...........the Pam 360 

:-) - Serious watch porn - Congrats on the 195. 

post #11762 of 36927

Not as fancy as some of the other watches in here, but just got this.  My brand new 2500D PO....6987303208_a7d5f15ec1_z.jpg

post #11763 of 36927
632
432

many of you have probably already seen this but thought I'd post it up anyway!
post #11764 of 36927
noap, ive never seen it. very cool, thanks.
post #11765 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

RR-NYC, love your daytona!


Thank you. Its a watch I wanted for years and finally had the opportunity to own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post

My current lineup
abd66b8b.jpg
My 328 in front of the Panerai boutique in Florence.
PAM.jpg
328 on my JV strap
L1010558.jpg

M8 the Pam is 'Rocking' in firenze !! Very Cool! 


Thank you
post #11766 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

noap, ive never seen it. very cool, thanks.

it was chosen as "Watch of the Year" on TZ so I just figured I was late to the party... glad to share it. (it has an interesting dead seconds movement that makes it quite unique in case you're interested...check it out.)
post #11767 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

Dont agree here at all. If a young classy guy wears it (just the nicest thing to see, for me)
In watches there is nothing for old and young wearing, it's all about the feeling for the watch and how you wear it.

Like I said it's subjective, but the Reverso is to me a watch for people, who have reached a certain level in life, where they have nothing to prove and carry them self in a manner, that young people can't.

It's not really a watch for people, who spray champagne and run a round drunk of their ass etc. it's more congac/sherry sipping, cigar smoking type of guy watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

On the wrist today. Calf vs. shell boxing[1].gif
326

Nice leather

I'm always jealous of people who can wear panerai's, I have a the wrist of a 12 year old anorexic girl, so it's looks like the watch is coming with me and not the other way round. shog[1].gif
post #11768 of 36927
New acquisition, which I only received a couple of hours ago, after a torrid shipping process:

469

If you prefer the Speedy Pro, that's cool (I like it too) but no silly derogatory comparisons please ...
post #11769 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall41 View Post

New acquisition, which I only received a couple of hours ago, after a torrid shipping process:

 

Love it! I have been waiting to see this ever since you said you bought it. The wait musta been excruciating, but you need still need to show us the beautiful caseback!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


it was chosen as "Watch of the Year" on TZ so I just figured I was late to the party... glad to share it. (it has an interesting dead seconds movement that makes it quite unique in case you're interested...check it out.)

 

Still think the 1931 TTR shoulda won but I'm sure thats no surprise smile.gif

post #11770 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

632
432
many of you have probably already seen this but thought I'd post it up anyway!

Nice one KN, Incredible watch (not seen this colour variant). I was lucky enough to see this movement in Geneva almost two years ago with the Gronefields in development :-) Great engineering and totally understand why its won some many awards - clear winner. 

post #11771 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall41 View Post

New acquisition, which I only received a couple of hours ago, after a torrid shipping process:
469
If you prefer the Speedy Pro, that's cool (I like it too) but no silly derogatory comparisons please ...

Congrats Bhall lovely watch and great to see Zenith return to their roots - the engine that powered some classics! 

post #11772 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall41 View Post

New acquisition, which I only received a couple of hours ago, after a torrid shipping process

Love this. Most excellent.

Now get a navy padded croc strap with contrast stitching to match! HLow here on SF can do a great quality strap for a good price, unlike those ripoff Leffot* cordovan straps...

(*: yes, $140 for a simple strip of cordovan, when you can get an entire bloody shoe from Alden for $400)
post #11773 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post


Love this. Most excellent.
Now get a navy padded croc strap with contrast stitching to match! HLow here on SF can do a great quality strap for a good price, unlike those ripoff Leffot* cordovan straps...
(*: yes, $140 for a simple strip of cordovan, when you can get an entire bloody shoe from Alden for $400)

 

Apropos $140 is inexpensive by most standards - Panerai Calfskins start at about €150 maybe more - average strap €220 -250 - with the super cool historic Pre A's $1500 plus! 

Even APRO new straps are $/euros 500 plus.

:-)  

post #11774 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

Apropos $140 is inexpensive by most standards - Panerai Calfskins start at about €150 maybe more - average strap €220 -250 - with the super cool historic Pre A's $1500 plus! 
Even APRO new straps are $/euros 500 plus.
:-)  

The Leffot cordovan straps are literally punched out with a press and have all of maybe 10 or so stitches, so they are particularly obnoxious to me.

Anyway, if you like Panerais, more power to you, but it's absolutely ridiculous that a strap - no matter how nice - can cost as much as a decent entry level mechanical watch.
post #11775 of 36927
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post


The Leffot cordovan straps are literally punched out with a press and have all of maybe 10 or so stitches, so they are particularly obnoxious to me.
Anyway, if you like Panerais, more power to you, but it's absolutely ridiculous that a strap - no matter how nice - can cost as much as a decent entry level mechanical watch.

You are editing as I reply.

Most 'Vintage Ammo's' are simple in design (historic) and simple in construction. A 'Kev's' Ammo's for example sell for $350+

But a good (well made) strap can just make a watch 'pop' like a Sub on a Nato or Pam on a vintage. 

Not sure we have a choice re the major high end brands, re strap costs - their new Straps at Service (replacement) are easily $500 plus (AP/PP/VC) etc - maybe more! Thats just what they cost and mostly last years. 

Panerai OEM's are actually cheap by comparison :-) apart from the collectable Pre A's (like most things rare and sort after) they have their price.     

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread