or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 762

post #11416 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't find the design attractive.
IMO, case/dial design is usually the most lacking skill for independent watchmakers

Although I agree with that to a certain extent, I have always been drawn to Kari's aesthetic. I like how all of his pieces are distinctly his style, and are quite recognizable. I have always been a fan of his oversized Breguet hands, and the teardrop lugs he uses. With that said, some of his work tends to be a little over-guilloched for my tastes.
post #11417 of 34720

Here's one you don't see often!

PSM 

IMG_0464.jpg

post #11418 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

I usually agree with both of your choices...but ima have to pass on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't find the design attractive.
IMO, case/dial design is usually the most lacking skill for independent watchmakers

i definitely agree on the case/dial point re: independent makers, and usually, im not a fan of those types of watches. often all kinds of odd bubbles here and there, but there is something about this one i really like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

nod[1].gifnod[1].gifnod[1].gif
I actually made some guttural noise today when I saw it. Then I had to explain to my friend why I made such a sound. Then she judged me.

laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post

Here's one you don't see often!
PSM  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x467px-LL-221907ad_IMG_0464.jpeg


never seen one irl. frown.gif

from the designs of his i have seen, he does not seem to suffer the above mentioned malady.
post #11419 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

What are the odds of getting my hands on one of the Reverso 1931?


     Quote:

Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Pretty high, I'd guess - first, try calling the boutique.



Availability depends on which one you are talking about, but as gdl said, all of them are within reach.

 

Just remember there are three versions. The worldwide edition will be the easiest to obtain. There are a few taunting me on chrono24. I am unsure about the availability of the 2011 (black casa fagliano strap) US edition from the boutique, but there is one on TZ right now. You will need to call the boutique for the 2012 (brown casa fagliano strap) limited edition.


Whats the difference with the worldwide edition to the non-worldwide edition? How do I differentiate one from the other?


I checked out Chrono24, I really would prefer buying from a seller in the US (don't want to deal with international shipping and customs) so I guess that is out of the question. I wouldn't mind and actually prefer to buy new if possible too so I guess I have a few phone calls to make.

Thanks for all the info.
post #11420 of 34720

reversoWW.jpg

 

The Reverso Worldwide. Notice the sword shaped hands and the alligator strap.

 

 

 

reversoUS2011.jpg

 

The Limited Edition Reverso US edition 2011 version. Notice the different hands and the richer patina on the dial marker and hands.

 

 

 

reverso 2012.jpeg

 

The only diff between 2011 and 2012 US edition is the strap color. These are cordovan straps handmade by Casa Fagliano. No replacement straps can be ordered.

 

Best of luck man. We want to see pix when you get it!!!


Edited by Cylon - 4/17/12 at 5:54pm
post #11421 of 34720

And to throw a curveball, theres also a white gold and a rouge version of the 1931 (you can also see the hands better on the worldwide reverso on the left)

 

three reversos.jpg

 

These were announced at SIHH earlier this year so the wait time will be a bit longer, and I think the Rouge is a boutique exclusive. Not sure about the WG..

 

 

of course this is just about 1931 tribute reversos...theres a ton of other reversos out there


Edited by Cylon - 4/17/12 at 5:58pm
post #11422 of 34720
thanks for the Reverso info Cylon. I do like the Rouge even if it is a little bit dandy! nod[1].gif

btw... why does only the white face have a sub dial?
post #11423 of 34720


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

thanks for the Reverso info Cylon. I do like the Rouge even if it is a little bit dandy! nod[1].gif
btw... why does only the white face have a sub dial?

 

No problem! It's been on my radar so long I should know a thing or two about it biggrin.gif
 

No idea! I've asked myself the same thing. If they made a SS version w a subdial I'd probably be all over that!

 

I guess if you're paying the gold premium, they felt bad and threw in a small seconds hand for free lol8[1].gif

post #11424 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

And to throw a curveball, theres also a white gold and a rouge version of the 1931 (you can also see the hands better on the worldwide reverso on the left)

 

three reversos.jpg

 

These were announced at SIHH earlier this year so the wait time will be a bit longer, and I think the Rouge is a boutique exclusive. Not sure about the WG..

 

 

of course this is just about 1931 tribute reversos...theres a ton of other reversos out there


Thanks for all the info Cyclon. Appreciate it. Yeah the original plan is actually a Reverso Squadra but when I set my eyes on the 1931 a year ago I just fell in love. I like black faces on watches so this one just seems perfect.
post #11425 of 34720
great contributions here cylon.
post #11426 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post

reversoWW.jpg

 

The Reverso Worldwide. Notice the sword shaped hands and the alligator strap.

 

 

 

reversoUS2011.jpg

 

The Limited Edition Reverso US edition 2011 version. Notice the different hands and the richer patina on the dial marker and hands.

 

 

 

reverso 2012.jpeg

 

The only diff between 2011 and 2012 US edition is the strap color. These are cordovan straps handmade by Casa Fagliano. No replacement straps can be ordered.

 

Best of luck man. We want to see pix when you get it!!!


Thanks for the info, I was about to ask the differences between the models. I really like the US version, don't care for the cordovan straps. I do wish the watch had a date at 6 o'clock.
post #11427 of 34720

Two of my watches. Bvlgari and a limited edition Panerai Regatta 

k2.jpgk1.jpg

post #11428 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't find the design attractive.

IMO, case/dial design is usually the most lacking skill for independent watchmakers

But when they get it right...

233

Love the 1931, especially the US version, but am a bit confused.gif about the pre-aged lume on it. IMO the Casa Fagliano are more Casa Fugly than anything else.
Edited by apropos - 4/18/12 at 3:27am
post #11429 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i definitely agree on the case/dial point re: independent makers, and usually, im not a fan of those types of watches. often all kinds of odd bubbles here and there, but there is something about this one i really like.
laugh.gif
never seen one irl. frown.gif
from the designs of his i have seen, he does not seem to suffer the above mentioned malady.


;-) Yes, strangely speaking of independents. PSM does not confirm to the above comments in this thread - He's one man out there doing it very differently and original ;-) 

I love bespoke watches - strange there isn't more here on SF. 

 

post #11430 of 34720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpvfx View Post



;-) Yes, strangely speaking of independents. PSM does not confirm to the above comments in this thread - He's one man out there doing it very differently and original ;-) 
I love bespoke watches - strange there isn't more here on SF. 

Can't find sales on bespoke watches smile.gif. Plus, I find that 'MIS' and 'WIS' do not really go hand-in-hand. Look at Will, for example.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread