or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 702

post #10516 of 39267
Moo - Never heard of him. Are you trying to strap a Panerai?
post #10517 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post

Buying a watch for that special occasion would be really sweet accomplish. I'll probably save that moment when I go buy my Lange 1. Anyway man...Lee Michael at the Mall of Louisiana doesn't carry JLC anymore? I always stop by my family AD in Houston to tried on a bunch of watches. So I never really see any reason for me to shop around the Baton Rouge area. They also told me they have carry Patek's over there.

I don't think that Lee Michaels every carried JLC--I know that Adler's did, but they also stopped carrying 'em. From what I have heard, JLC has completely pulled out of Louisiana--the closest place to go now is Tejas.

And Cyclon, if I ever find myself up there, I will definitely let you know. And the Speedy Pro would be a great decision. Plus, you need a watch that can withstand the rigors of have a child now!
post #10518 of 39267
Oh, before I forget, I've decided to sell all my watches. Figured I'd let you guys know before I put them up in B&S. If you know anyone who's interested in these please let me know:

IWC Portuguese Chrono panda dial (black with white subdials)
Oris Miles Davis Complication
Stowa Marine Original Roman - white face
Max Bill Chronoscope - white face
post #10519 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

One of the prettiest chronos out there--and reasonably priced, nonetheless!

nod[1].gif
post #10520 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I don't think that Lee Michaels every carried JLC--I know that Adler's did, but they also stopped carrying 'em. From what I have heard, JLC has completely pulled out of Louisiana--the closest place to go now is Tejas.
And Cyclon, if I ever find myself up there, I will definitely let you know. And the Speedy Pro would be a great decision. Plus, you need a watch that can withstand the rigors of have a child now!

actually you're right, it was Adler that used to carry JLC.
post #10521 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post

actually you're right, it was Adler that used to carry JLC.

Not only that, but on their website they still list themselves as stockists of JLC! I walked into their NOLA store, and was woefully surprised. They have also stopped stocking IWC, FWIW.
post #10522 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

They have also stopped stocking IWC, FWIW.

wow that is insane. I was there a few months ago when my friend bought his IWC Aquatimer. I haven't been in that store in awhile tho. I was planning on stopping by tomorrow to check out some Cartier.
post #10523 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Moo - Never heard of him. Are you trying to strap a Panerai?

Si.
post #10524 of 39267
So my normal local watch strap store has been sucky with breitling replacement straps lately. Any recs for decent priced breitling straps in NYC? They don't have to be OEM.
post #10525 of 39267

i noticed the omega speedy is 18 jewels.  Does the second hand sweep jittery or is it smooth?

 

I need to buy a watch soon.

post #10526 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullionBro View Post

i noticed the omega speedy is 18 jewels.  Does the second hand sweep jittery or is it smooth?

I need to buy a watch soon.

The jewel count has nothing to do with the smoothness of the second hand, bph is the primary reason for a smoother hand.
post #10527 of 39267
After looking at those speedy's , its time for a watch rotation.

(apologies for ugly photo)
467

Btw anyone know what a SpeedMaster Professional Overhaul is worth?
post #10528 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Oh, before I forget, I've decided to sell all my watches.
Montblanc or Breguet?

tounge.gif

MtB
post #10529 of 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

After looking at those speedy's , its time for a watch rotation.
(apologies for ugly photo)
467
Btw anyone know what a SpeedMaster Professional Overhaul is worth?



If I am interpreting your Q correctly, I'd say an Omega Speedmaster Professional servicing would cost you somewhere in the  ~$300-400 range--probably more from Omega. Hope that answers your Q

post #10530 of 39267
I thought service to any chronograph would cost double that ~ 6-8 bills and oem service would be north of a g; here's what I'm sporting today:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

sorry for the crappy pic again...the lighting in my office is harsh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread