Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 665post #9961 of 483121/20/12 at 7:35pmpost #9962 of 483121/21/12 at 1:05ampost #9963 of 483121/21/12 at 3:54ampost #9964 of 483121/21/12 at 3:58ampost #9965 of 483121/21/12 at 9:08amQuote:
You are correct sir, ugly indeed... like this one....post #9966 of 483121/21/12 at 9:13amQuote:
Don't be that guy.
Yeah that's fair. I'm throwing the bracelet back on mine for awhile. I might agree with you.post #9967 of 483121/21/12 at 9:18ampost #9968 of 483121/21/12 at 9:41ampost #9969 of 483121/21/12 at 9:56ampost #9970 of 483121/21/12 at 10:00ampost #9971 of 483121/21/12 at 10:09ampost #9972 of 483121/21/12 at 10:20am
Ok now in all seriousness...
Regarding Dino944's watches: The Cartier is absolutely beautiful. I am in love with the open caseback. A new one was released at SIHH, do you know the differences between the two? The VC is also beautiful, and the caseback again is striking. Not sure if I like the corners on the case of the VC(for myself), but nevertheless they do not take away from the overall beauty of the watch.
WarrenG: The submariner is a beautiful, classic watch. Period. While I prefer the slimmer lugs on the 5513 or the 14060 and no date (to me it maintains a sense of symmetry), I think it all depends on the size of your wrist. I have smaller wrists and like to have a slim profile watch that fits under the cuff of my shirt. To each his own though. Congrats to you on your new purchase!!
Kid Nickels: With Omega, I would consider vintage omegas with very minimalist features--just a raised omega logo and perhaps "automatic" underneath. Not a fan of the font of the seamaster on those vintages. Let me see if I can dig up a picture...post #9973 of 483121/21/12 at 10:42ampost #9974 of 483121/21/12 at 10:57ampost #9975 of 483121/21/12 at 11:06am
well I much prefer GP's more classic refined styling like those posted previously... especially some from the 1945 Collection. Some of these newer versions seem so be trying to walk the line b/t the classic/elegant style and the updated/trendier style ... and IMO fail. I really do not like the look or placement of the date (calendar?) window and it's just lacking the refined style I appreciate of GP's such as those mentioned and pictured. So in short yes.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Polo Suede Longwing Blucher 8UK 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › NWT Justo Gimeno Teba Jacket Sale - 85 Units, 7 Styles, sizes 44-56 23 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 23 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...