What do you guys think about these? Not exactly a "watch"; but, a "time" machine..or in this case Max Busser's Horological Machine No. 2
- Jean-Marc Wiederrecht/Agenhor designed functionality
- Regulated and powered by a Girard-Perregaux oscillator and gear train
- Balance oscillating at 28,800 bph
- 22 k rose gold Double Hakken automatic winding rotor
- Number of components: 349 including 44 jewels
- Left dial: Retrograde Date and Bi-Hemisphere Moon Phase
- Right Dial: Jumping Hours and Concentric Retrograde Minutes
- 18k white gold/titanium or 18k red gold/titanium
- Limited edition of 125 pieces in each combination to be delivered over 3 years
- Dimensions (exclusive of crown and lugs): 59mm x 38mm x 13mm
- Water resistant to 30 meters (3 ATM)
- Number of parts: 102 (case only)
- Dial side with anti-reflective treatment on both faces. Display back with anti-reflective treatment on single face.
- Silver and ruthenium
Strap & Buckle
- Black hand-stitched alligator with 18 carat gold and titanium custom designed deployant buckle
- Precision engineered aluminium and leather instrument case featuring an integrated RÃ¼eger thermometer
- USA list price is $59,000, delivery expected Q1 2008. Note: price subject to change, so just use this as a guideline. For dealers please visit the MB&F web site
The spirit of this thread is officially lost when Socal insists on copy/pasting Jorge Merino's TZ watch news posts...
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Excuse me for thinking about other people who might post in this thread (or just read and enjoy it) that don't take the time to go and look at www.timezone.com
I can only take so much of that site as much of it is just:
"I bought/am wearing this watch"
--I have it too!
In a world of nearly limitless styles and versions of watches I strongly feel there are others who enjoy seeing pieces that someone here might not actually own. We could run all of StyleForum by your philosophy and only refer and post about things that we actually have on our bodies at that very second. No news, no planned purchases, no musings, no advice...sounds fun, right?
Socal - you're a free man. Do whatever you want. I wanted this to be a watch p0rn thread (like the shoe p0rn thread) , not a general watch discussion thread.
I think it's OK that it deviates from time to time into posting pics of dream watches or contemplated purchases but - honestly, copying and pasting new watch news from TZ with all the specs, etc... is pretty lame IMO, and not what the thread is about.
As you often posted that you generally don't give a flying shit about what others think or wish, I fully expect you to continue doing what you do
I don't really care that much about shoes so I don't frequent the Shoe P0rn thread that often. But, it was my understanding that premise of the threads are to enjoy and be visually stimulated by the shoes/watches...regardless if someone just bought them or they are a "grail" piece or just something that is effing cool to look at.
My understanding of p0rn must be different...I watch it because I can't always sleep with the subject matter (chances are I have at one point...but, that is another story entirely ).