and his again:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 655post #9811 of 483121/15/12 at 7:37pmpost #9812 of 483121/15/12 at 8:17pmpost #9813 of 483121/15/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
I really love the El Primero striking 10th, as well as the 38 mm El Primero. Stunning watches, with a great heritage, that look even better in the flesh. Zenith encouragingly seems to be getting back on a track since the current CEO took over.post #9814 of 483121/16/12 at 12:33ampost #9815 of 483121/16/12 at 10:10ampost #9816 of 483121/16/12 at 11:59ampost #9817 of 483121/16/12 at 12:45pmpost #9818 of 483121/16/12 at 1:12pmpost #9819 of 483121/16/12 at 2:46pmpost #9820 of 483121/16/12 at 3:11pmpost #9821 of 483121/16/12 at 3:12pm
Thanks, and to anyone else I may have missed!
But on to the IWC issue. Although that Pilot watch is not my favorite [actually it looks ridiculous], I do believe that IWC is going back to the right direction. The only thing that I worry about is that they are going to "Paneria" or "Royal Oak" their collection. By this, I mean taking the pilot watch style and tweaking it in a variety of ways. I think the beauty of pilot watches is in their understated look. However, it does look like they are going to be introducing more in-house movements with their Spitfire range, among others. I guess this is a good thing, although I do think that IWC benefits from having their lower-range, ETA-driven movements. I have a feeling that more and more of their watches are going to become unattainable for the majority of folks.
*Edited to actually make a point.post #9822 of 483121/16/12 at 3:13pmpost #9823 of 483121/16/12 at 5:24pmTime to update my watches - my old Bulgari Sport Chrono is just tiny by today's standards. Going to put a baby blue leather strap on it and give it to the wife.
So.... new daily wearer time. And the options so far are:
- JLC Master Compressor Diving Pro
Comments- the blue detailing pops, in-house movement, JLC quality
- Glashutte Original Sport Evolution
Comments- seems like an SF favorite, no real heritage, but quality is good
- Breguet Type XXI
Comments- a bit rarer than the other two, but movement is also used in a couple of other watches; brown face is kind of cool, but overall maybe a bit bland?
I don't like the GP Sea Hawk II too much... Any other suggestions for a nice dive watch?
Also, it is silly to buy a gold dive watch?post #9824 of 483121/16/12 at 5:35pmHave you thought about the JLC Navy Seals watch?
Here is a nice review of it:
Navy Seal gimmick aside, I think that is my favorite of the JLC dive watches currently in production. However, I think that this one [coming out soon] is my favorite, the new JLC Deep Sea Vintage Chrono:
Also, another option could by the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, one of the most [if not THE most] iconic dive watches out there:
If I was looking for a dive watch in your price range, this would easily be my pick.post #9825 of 483121/16/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
I think I might buy a cheaper black diver for a gym/banging around watch. And I definitely hate all the pseudo-military bullshit that watch companies put out, most of the teams wear G-shocks. If I ever start a watch company, I am going to fucking name the watches after different My Little Ponies and Care Bears and make my ad campaign about how wearers of my watches have such big dicks, they need to tone their shit down to walk among ordinary men.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1094 Active Users (111 Members and 983 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 52 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 15 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 21 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 30 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 45 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...