or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 458  

post #6856 of 48312
Zeno Army Diver on a grey Nato strap.
LL
post #6857 of 48312
Good to see you here Barry!
post #6858 of 48312
Elgin pocket watch:





This was my great grandfather's (then my grandfather's, and then my father's) pocket watch. Looking up the serial number, it was manufactured in 1924:

Serial Number SN Range RunQty Name Year grade size code jewels Adj/reg/etc.
-------------- -------- ------ ---- ---- ----- ---- ------ ------ ------------
2704#### 27025001 22000 1924 303 12s o3n3p 7j

It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.
post #6859 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.

Quite the opposite; this is a very valuable watch. Not sure it gets much better than that; better make sure you get a top notch repair guy touching that.
post #6860 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
Good to see you here Barry!

Hey Chris

I see we have more than watches in common.
post #6861 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post

It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing?

Nice pocket watch, in regards to your question:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...rancisco%2C+CA
post #6862 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
Graz on the Kingston. I am envious, such a beauty.

Thanks. I am a plank owner and in on the forum design of this watch, I waited 2 years for it, but Bill did an excellent job on it.

Here are more pictures.















post #6863 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
^^ Nice collection!

Thanks, I have a few others that I will drop in and post.

I am in a consolidation mode as of late
post #6864 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post
Love the Kingston.

Also, does that crystal come standard on the sea-dweller?

Thanks.

Yes that is the standard crystal.

The crystal on the Seadweller (16600) is thicker than on the date Submariner (16610) or the no date sub (14060). That is one of the changes made to gain the 1,220 meter water resistance vs 300 meter on the others.
post #6865 of 48312
Here are a couple of photos of the Grand Seiko SBGR051,which I own. These are not my pics, sorry. I will try and post some of my own in the New Year, together with pics of some of my other watches. The Seiko is my usual work watch, which I wear with a suit.
LL
LL
post #6866 of 48312
That Kingston is flawless. Really a work of art.
post #6867 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
Elgin pocket watch
That is a gorgeous piece. Why not try taking it around to some of the high end jewelry/watch shops in the area and see what they tell you? I know a jewelry store in the mall here has a watch guy who worked and trained in Switzerland for 25 years and is very highly recommended.
post #6868 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post
16758


Nice! Especially on the black strap.
post #6869 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post
Quite the opposite; this is a very valuable watch. Not sure it gets much better than that; better make sure you get a top notch repair guy touching that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atila View Post
Nice pocket watch, in regards to your question:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...rancisco%2C+CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
That is a gorgeous piece. Why not try taking it around to some of the high end jewelry/watch shops in the area and see what they tell you? I know a jewelry store in the mall here has a watch guy who worked and trained in Switzerland for 25 years and is very highly recommended.

Thank you for the kind comment and suggestions.
post #6870 of 48312
Beautiful! Work of art. I'd recommend looking into your local NAWCC to see if there is a watch repairer who specializes in that mfg/type. Looks like this is the SF branch member listing: http://www.sfchapter5.org/Member%20I...ion%20List.htm I'd contact one of them to see who they might recommend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
Elgin pocket watch: This was my great grandfather's (then my grandfather's, and then my father's) pocket watch. Looking up the serial number, it was manufactured in 1924: Serial Number SN Range RunQty Name Year grade size code jewels Adj/reg/etc. -------------- -------- ------ ---- ---- ----- ---- ------ ------ ------------ 2704#### 27025001 22000 1924 303 12s o3n3p 7j It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)