or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 437  

post #6541 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post
Sorry for the beginner questions again, but any idea where to get the best leather straps? As well as a trusting place to fix up my watch?

I've bought about a dozen bands from James Rust, of Rustwatch. The merchandise has been first rate, the prices a bargain, and Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with.

Most of them have been crocodile or alligator from the Hirsch Artisanal line. I also bought a Tiffany-branded lizard band.

Here's a link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustwatch

He also sells pretty much the same merchandise on Blujay, for a few dollars less than his eBay prices. I wasn't familiar with Blujay before, but the buying process works well (with payment via PayPal). Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch
post #6542 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yika View Post
Model number 116509 white gold silver dial Rolex Daytona ?
Not quite You'll see that the tachy bezels are slightly different. This is the steel 116520, with the lovely panda dial from the white gold Daytona. The dials are interchangable, but such nonsense is frowned upon by Rolex. Which I fortunately don't care about, since the watch belongs to me and not Rolex I reserve piety for my vintage pieces. Of course I kept the original dial, if I feel like changing back.
post #6543 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
PLEASE no smacking me around... But, LOOK at THIS new product over on KickStarter. Certainly NOT high fashion, but cool nonetheless:



Not the best photo. Watch the video!

SEE: LunaTik Watch

The iPod Nano just snaps in. He's got 4,000 + backers and has ALREADY raised more than $300K. Wow!

That is actually kinda cool.
post #6544 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
What the fuck is going on in this thread? All these shitty watches are burning my eyes.



Nice. Sure beats a Rolex.

What is your problem? If this is an attempt at humour it fails miserably. If you don't like the watch posted, I suggest you at least have the decency to keep your gob shut.
post #6545 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 518aata View Post
I've bought about a dozen bands from James Rust, of Rustwatch. The merchandise has been first rate, the prices a bargain, and Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with.

Most of them have been crocodile or alligator from the Hirsch Artisanal line. I also bought a Tiffany-branded lizard band.

Here's a link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustwatch

He also sells pretty much the same merchandise on Blujay, for a few dollars less than his eBay prices. I wasn't familiar with Blujay before, but the buying process works well (with payment via PayPal). Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

I've also bought from and recommended him in the past. He is a great seller.
post #6546 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin View Post
Vintage Record Geneve...dont know much about this brand except that they were bought by Longines in the 60's or 70's I believe. An ebay score from last year...listed as being from the 30's-40's. Not sure if that's accurate or not...but I was looking for a nice looking vintage manual wind watch and this fit the bill.

I remember when you posted the score. It's a great watch.
post #6547 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
I remember when you posted the score. It's a great watch.

Thanks. I was bummed b/c it stopped running a couple days after I got it. I sent it back to the seller and supposedly it was fixed but ti stopped running after a day or so. So I took it to a reputable jeweler and spent about $150 to get it serviced. It's been running great ever since.
post #6548 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
I've been wishing up this Royal Oak variant for a while - looks like this should be hitting stores soon. Also available in RG on croc strap. Impressions? I'm a bit concerned about legibility but I quite like the more modern interpretation of skeletalization... looking forward to see in the metal.
Good lord Medtech that is an abortion of magnificent proportions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall41 View Post
What is your problem? If this is an attempt at humour it fails miserably. If you don't like the watch posted, I suggest you at least have the decency to keep your gob shut.
Quiet noob
post #6549 of 48312
Bought my first watch yesterday, from the Longines Master Collection. Im only 16, so it was hard on my wallet, but totally worth it. Hopefully it will last long.

post #6550 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Congrats. Great watch. Will never really go out of style.
post #6551 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jott View Post
Bought my first watch yesterday, from the Longines Master Collection. Im only 16, so it was hard on my wallet, but totally worth it. Hopefully it will last long.


Nice watch.

Service it once every 5 years or so. Wear it well!
post #6552 of 48312
PAM 111, manual wind. Attachment 54378
LL
post #6553 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Quiet noob

Pathetic.
post #6554 of 48312
This is what I wear everyday (I would have shot it on my wrist, but even with long arms, 50mm is pushing it. So, it got the star treatment ). I also have the Desire model on a nice black leather strap, but I'll have to post a pic of that one later. The next watch purchase will probably be an Omega De Ville.

post #6555 of 48312
great shot of that tissot. designwise a real departure from what i associate with tissot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)