or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 412  

post #6166 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post


/M

Was this from eBay? I could have sworn I saw this and missed out on it.
Beautiful watch
post #6167 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
+1
Thanks MoK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozorro View Post
great watch. and great dedication in finding it!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
+1, with the exception of the no-date Sub (a classic), the on-its-way-out 36mm Explorer and the Explorer II. Otherwise, there's not a single part of the Rolex lineup that wasn't better pre-2005.
Agreed - and I have similar feelings about IWC's line-up. Btw Winky, I hope you caught my reply to your Mk XV question a few pages back.

luk-cha, nice Sinn.
post #6168 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic View Post
shoddy build quality? but a watch is a personal thing, so as long as you like it (and ignore the horologorie enthusiasts giving disgusted looks), then please go ahead and increase Tag's top line-revenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
"it's not the worst item in the world, therefore I will choose it above hundreds of other more worthy items" smart philosophy
It's not as if someone replied with "shoddy build quality" and I then posted "ok, as long as there are no real problems I'll proceed as planned!" The replies I received raised no issues. I don't think the sarcasm is justified as I was/am searching for info, unless you're bothered that someone would even consider one of their watches. As I said, I'm just a novice seeking input from experts. I know that some TAGs use a plastic seal behind the case back rather than a metal one, but that's the only criticism I've heard in reference to shoddiness.
post #6169 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by economiayocio View Post
Tonight I am reviewing in my blog my nice Glashütte Original with some pictures. It is indeed one of the nicest watches I have, in the inside and on the outside. Sorry because the text is in Spanish. If someone is really interested I could translate here.

I recommend the brand very much. They are not A&S, but they are doing great, and thir watches receive a lot of attention.


Very nice watch
post #6170 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Agreed - and I have similar feelings about IWC's line-up. Btw Winky, I hope you caught my reply to your Mk XV question a few pages back.

luk-cha, nice Sinn.

Most certainly did, that's quite a story! Sounds like both your AD and IWC really bent over backwards for you!

I actually saw a new MK XV in a shop in London about 18 months ago, but I'd recently bought a MK XVI and this was the white face, which always struck me as a little odd for a pilot watch. Regardless, it's a fantastic piece, wear it in good health!

And I'm thinking this is the year if any to pick up an Explorer I 36mm, assuming the new one has caught on and dealers are being aggressive in their efforts to unload the old version (or going through the full AD list online to see if anyone has a NOS light faced SS DJ).

Rolex really messed with a good thing by shifting to super cases, polished center links and ceramic bezels. There was nothing wrong with the old sport models, as evidenced by roughly 50 years of few cosmetic changes. The best changes were unseen updates, like the independent 24 hour hand and the increasing of the Sub/GMT's water resistance from 200/50 to 300/100 respectively.
post #6171 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
Most certainly did, that's quite a story! Sounds like both your AD and IWC really bent over backwards for you!
I was quite surprised that they were willing to do this, and given that they were, that none of the other ADs I contacted made the same offer. I guess I was just lucky with that one AD to come up with the idea.

Quote:
I actually saw a new MK XV in a shop in London about 18 months ago, but I'd recently bought a MK XVI and this was the white face, which always struck me as a little odd for a pilot watch. Regardless, it's a fantastic piece, wear it in good health!
Thanks! I actually also really like the look of the white faced Mk XV, even though it's kind of deviating from the pilot heritage, with it's white face and applied numerals.

Quote:
And I'm thinking this is the year if any to pick up an Explorer I 36mm, assuming the new one has caught on and dealers are being aggressive in their efforts to unload the old version (or going through the full AD list online to see if anyone has a NOS light faced SS DJ).
I don't know when they started, or if they have done it to all their models, but does the last batch of 36mm Explorers have the rolexrolex rehaut? I would hope not.
post #6172 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas View Post
Holy crap. That Sinn on the Bond NATO strap is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

luk-cha, nice Sinn.

cheers guys!
post #6173 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
I don't know when they started, or if they have done it to all their models, but does the last batch of 36mm Explorers have the rolexrolex rehaut? I would hope not.

They do have it on there, as does my Explorer II. I would have preferred it without as well, but that would have meant buying one that had been sitting in the case for several years. Not only was that unappealing to me, I wanted to guarantee that it had the newer 3186 movement, so it had to be a V series (which my AD special ordered and still gave me a discount on).

But I digress... I'm not actually bothered by this, as it's not that noticable, and is really more about anti-counterfitting than branding. The one I HATE is the perimeter text on the Deep Sea; just tacky if you ask me!

In updating their models, I do think the supposed return of the orange hand to the Explorer II is cool, but I'd rather they kept the original case, bracelet and dial. I would love to see a Jubilee bracelet option on the white dial, though.
post #6174 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post


/M

What a nice watch!
post #6175 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


that ezm3 looks good, you hairy old man you..
post #6176 of 48312
I also Sinn + NATO...



But then again, they look great on just about anything:





post #6177 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
that ezm3 looks good, you hairy old man you..

oi less of the OLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
I also Sinn + NATO...



But then again, they look great on just about anything:






sweet pic's!
post #6178 of 48312
Tudor Sub today

post #6179 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal View Post
It's not as if someone replied with "shoddy build quality" and I then posted "ok, as long as there are no real problems I'll proceed as planned!" The replies I received raised no issues. I don't think the sarcasm is justified as I was/am searching for info, unless you're bothered that someone would even consider one of their watches. As I said, I'm just a novice seeking input from experts.

I know that some TAGs use a plastic seal behind the case back rather than a metal one, but that's the only criticism I've heard in reference to shoddiness.

You would do better to spend some time here.
post #6180 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker View Post
You would do better to spend some time here.

Can you please point me in the right direction. I do not find the information on that page that suggests that the Carrera Calibre 16 has "shoddy build quality". Most owners seems very pleased.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)