When did they change the deployant on the GO ML? This one looks much better than mine and clearly more fitting for such a great watch.
My understanding is that GO changed their deployant a few years back. I tried one on as was looking to upgrade from the older deployant on my Senator Panorama. It's definitely more comfortable and secure than the previous generation, but ended up selling the watch so never pulled the trigger.
Now that you mention it, I found the deployant a little surprising. I wouldn't characterize it as "sophisticated."
It was more "solid" and "toolish". I have every confidence in it's ability to do it's job, and it was obviously well crafted (I've been staring at it a lot lately), but it was a little, "chunky". A CNC'd block of steel.
I tend to bang the hell out of my watches. So, when I decided to upgrade from G-Shocks and Fossils (still love my G-Shocks), I didn't want to drop a ton of cash, so I got this Lum-Tec M15. Yeah...it's definitely not a high-end Swiss watch, but it gets tons of compliments. And Lum-Tec is known for their lum (obviously with that name) and it definitely glows a nice green. When in a bar, club or theater people notice it.
Lum-Tec is a boutique watch maker from Ohio. They make limited editions of each of their watches. This is #99 of 100 of the M15.
* 44mm width excluding crown / 10.65mm thick.
* 24mm lug width fits many popular straps!
* 316L Stainless steel case.
* Heavy duty quartz chronograqph movement.
* 100 meters / 330 feet water resistance.
* MDVÂ® Lume- GX 8-layer dial and hands.
* Threaded crown and caseback.
* PVD hard coated.
* Sapphire crystal.
* Double side anti-reflective coatings.
* 316L stainless steel bracelet has matching finish.