or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 361  

post #5401 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Jay is now in DC?
post #5402 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
If I may also add:
I should add that the pic is not mine. I seem to recall that it's from earlier in this thread and I don't remember who posted it.

I also stumbled across some nice pics of a white RO with a slightly different dial design here.
post #5403 of 48312
i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/
post #5404 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
Lovely Zenith. So glad they've gone back to their roots but Thierry Nataf has left an ugly legacy behind. A little upset that they've discontinued the standard chronomaster line.

Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.
post #5405 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Jay is now in DC?

Opps I thought you meant Jay Pulli. A blonde moment!!!
post #5406 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
Opps I thought you meant Jay Pulli. A blonde moment!!!



yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.
post #5407 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/

I feel that the 40mm luminor has the wrong proportions. The sub dial remains the same size and it constricts the dial.



I really like the smaller Radiomir. I think yfyf should give this one a go but he needs to stay away from the new Mare Nostrum





Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.

The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.
post #5408 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.

What about this Pelican case?

post #5409 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.

Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.
post #5410 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.

Around the USD5,000 mark + or - 10%
post #5411 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
It's a "Legend" LE automatic. Nice "Newman" styling, but has the world's cheesiest caseback engravings... /M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
I'm afraid I don't have a pic, but among other things one can read; Michael Schumacher - The Legend - SIXTH TITLE LIMITED EDITION - OMEGA - SPEEDMASTER /M
The new model that I posted the pic of has dropped the red outer ring in favor of white (what the hell is that called guys?) and, thankfully, dropped the dumbass engraving.
post #5412 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Minute markers?
post #5413 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Minute markers?
Yeah I don't know that there's a specific word for that. It's almost the chapter ring.
post #5414 of 48312
Dress Watch



Everyday Watch

post #5415 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
What about this Pelican case?


Supreme Pam collection there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)