or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 36  

post #526 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
(from Michael Sander on TimeZone)



Vintage Hamilton and Longines do this aesthetic a million times better.
post #527 of 48312
From the images posted, the Glashutte looks rather cheap.

The gold hands and numbers look shoddy and more appropriate on a $50 watch from a flea market.
post #528 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Is that the Thom Browne approved watch?

Methinks modern watches are a bit too large to be Thom Browne-approved. '60s watches were relatively small in proportion to today's behemoths.

At the Black Fleece event he said that mine is "a great looking watch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Vintage Hamilton and Longines do this aesthetic a million times better.

post #529 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
How large is the diameter? I suspect it's about 34mm?

My circa 1949 18k Omega is 34mm and it's a nice size though for dressier watches, I feel 29mm is perfect.

Seriously, do you have the wrist of a woman?
post #530 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
At the Black Fleece event he said that mine is "a great looking watch."

He may have just been hitting on you, I hear that he's keen on bears.
post #531 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso View Post
He may have just been hitting on you, I hear that he's keen on bears.

Then Socal wouldn't be his type as socal has less meat than a Vegan barbeque.
post #532 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90 View Post
Then Socal wouldn't be his type as socal has less meat than a Vegan barbeque.
are you auditioning for the role? BTW, you should look up to see what a bear is.
post #533 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90 View Post
Seriously, do you have the wrist of a woman?

Being of the Oriental persuasion, I am indeed slighter than more husky types.
post #534 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
BTW, you should look up to see what a bear is.
From what I understand a bear is a homosexual man of the burly nature who is hairy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Being of the Oriental persuasion, I am indeed slighter than more husky types.

Oh that would explain that. I stand (sit) corrected.
post #535 of 48312
Uhhh 6'2" 180 not really hairy, not a bear, not even a cub or an otter or a wolf.
post #536 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Uhhh 6'2" 180 not really hairy, not a bear, not even a cub or an otter or a wolf.
You like it, the lamb, then?
post #537 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Uhhh 6'2" 180 not really hairy, not a bear, not even a cub or an otter or a wolf.

That was my point.
post #538 of 48312
Am I a bad man or just into some kinky shit?

I really, really want this.



1/4 diamond bezel?
post #539 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Is that the Thom Browne approved watch?

Methinks modern watches are a bit too large to be Thom Browne-approved. '60s watches were relatively small in proportion to today's behemoths.

To fit the TB esthetic, shouldn't TB watches be so tight your hand turns black?
post #540 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Am I a bad man or just into some kinky shit?
Neither. You're a fashionista. There should be your picture in wikipedia when someone searches this term
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)