or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 326  

post #4876 of 48312
Here is a Jones manual wind from IWC. Currently in Switzerland for repair. I miss it.

post #4877 of 48312
^ Incredible watch. Love the crown.
post #4878 of 48312
Vintage today

post #4879 of 48312
Vintage piece from my father. 1970s piece. Had it polished and serviced recently.







Original lizard skin strap and buckle.
post #4880 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
Here is a manual wind Panerai Radiomir with the 8 day JLC movement. Rose gold for the pink cloud days. I don't wear this one often enough.



That is just gorgeous! I am thinking hard of getting a 190.
post #4881 of 48312
The new crop of affordables...sold all my nicer ones a year ago to try and quit the hobby, but it's dragging me back in
LL
post #4882 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by longskate88 View Post
The new crop of affordables...sold all my nicer ones a year ago to try and quit the hobby, but it's dragging me back in

This "hobby" is hard to quit. Some people refer to it as an addiction but "hobby" sounds better.

I have sold several of my nicer ones too but still keep many. Just can't let go.
post #4883 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teou View Post
That is just gorgeous! I am thinking hard of getting a 190.

Thanks. The 190 is the more sensible choice of course, you get the same beautiful movement at a more palatable price. Only way to get that one is pre-owned of course, the model is long since discontinued after Panerai introduced their own movements. I have the same JLC movement in another watch, Cartier Tortue 8 jours in white gold. Will post some pictures later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoorado
^ Incredible watch. Love the crown.

Thanks. It is indeed a sweet watch and I agree about the crown. It's unfortunately a little bit big to fit comfortably under the cuff and a bit too formal for casual.
post #4884 of 48312
My new beater watch. Frederick Constant quartz, with "crococalf" band (whatever that is).

post #4885 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
My new beater watch. Frederick Constant quartz, with "crococalf" band (whatever that is).

I always thought that crococalf is just calfskin that is imprinted with the croc-scales.
post #4886 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
This "hobby" is hard to quit. Some people refer to it as an addiction but "hobby" sounds better.

I have sold several of my nicer ones too but still keep many. Just can't let go.

agreed, i thought i was done with it, kept just my speedy pro and a vintage air king. there was nothing out there that i really lusted over. now i've seen pics of the new tudor heritage and just can't get it out of my head, i'm going to have a put an order in next week i think.
post #4887 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teou View Post
Vintage piece from my father. 1970s piece. Had it polished and serviced recently.



Original lizard skin strap and buckle.


Amazing Rolex
post #4888 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
Here is a Jones manual wind from IWC. Currently in Switzerland for repair. I miss it.


Beautiful.
post #4889 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dganderson View Post
Just picked up a Stowa Antea with an extra brown leather strap for $300 in like new condition. Not the most expensive watch but I really like it.

Nice grab! Photos?
post #4890 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post
I always thought that crococalf is just calfskin that is imprinted with the croc-scales.

Sounds about right. The band will get replaced by croc when it's time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)