Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:43 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3206post #48077 of 483122/2/16 at 2:55pmpost #48078 of 483122/2/16 at 3:22pmpost #48079 of 483122/2/16 at 3:25pmpost #48080 of 483122/2/16 at 3:34pmpost #48081 of 483122/2/16 at 4:44pmHoly smokes!
I guess I can appreciate the workmanship, but to me that's like ... I don't know ... "spray-painting a rose" as they say.
@kidnickels...thanks, the pic was from last summer I think, and I got the watch in early 2012.
It's great on the bracelet too, but honestly has seen far more wrist time since I started wearing it on NATOs.post #48082 of 483122/2/16 at 6:42pm@SteveH35 Thought Madeworn in LA did this sort of engraving...? Been thinking about using them for an exp I 39mm or newer DJ II blue dial, but I sort of wanted to find someone that is a master shotgun engraver, or at least see if Madeworn could incorporate some classic shotgun engraving-type motifs.post #48083 of 483122/2/16 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by PartagasIV
@SteveH35 Thought Madeworn in LA did this sort of engraving...? Been thinking about using them for an exp I 39mm or newer DJ II blue dial, but I sort of wanted to find someone that is a master shotgun engraver, or at least see if Madeworn could incorporate some classic shotgun engraving-type motifs.
Yeah they do but they charge a ton of $. Much cheaper to get it done yourself. I had a guy I've used in the past but can't any longer. There's a woman on Instagram who does great work too but I'm sure she's super expensive as wellpost #48084 of 483122/2/16 at 8:38pmpost #48085 of 483122/2/16 at 9:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by matty long legs
Cross-post from the thrift thread. I know nothing about watches, but I did pick this up today from a thrift store. My watch collection now stands at two.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you know the year on this? From the bars, finish, and shape of the face I'm guessing something late '50s/early '60s-ish?post #48086 of 483122/3/16 at 4:44amQuote:
I received some PMs after I posted this in the thrift thread and one guy said he owned something really similar. He believes mine to be late 50s, early 60s.
Edited by matty long legs - 2/3/16 at 7:19ampost #48087 of 483122/3/16 at 6:48ampost #48088 of 483122/3/16 at 7:36ampost #48089 of 483122/3/16 at 10:49ampost #48090 of 483122/3/16 at 1:52pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1260 Active Users (207 Members and 1053 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 19 minutes ago
- › Looking for the brand name of this sweat shirt. 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...