Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3179post #47671 of 4831212/20/15 at 2:00pmpost #47672 of 4831212/20/15 at 4:52pmQuote:The Hentschel Botschafter, my almost-dressy good watch, does the red 12 and it doesn't suffer at all. On the other hand, it really doesn't jump out at you.Originally Posted by Dino944
Not really a fan of the red 12 either. I know its a throw back to early wrist watches and pocket watches, making it easier to determine the dial's orientation, before the 12 position became standardized for most watches (90 degrees counter clockwise from the winding crown). But on modern pieces, IMHO it just comes off as gimmicky.
post #47673 of 4831212/21/15 at 1:14amQuote:
Horses for courses. I love the subtlety of it. Strangely enough, I don't normally like Romans much, but the cleanness and precision of this in person is just delicious.
As for that special edition, not my bag either. The (Moscow, boutique) special edition of the aforementioned Langematik Perpetual was pretty sexy though:post #47674 of 4831212/21/15 at 6:32ampost #47675 of 4831212/21/15 at 6:50ampost #47676 of 4831212/21/15 at 7:17ampost #47677 of 4831212/21/15 at 12:30pmI'm not a big Lange fan, but if that theoretical "someone" were to gift me with the choice of any one of their pieces .....then I guess I'd have to go Zeitwerk Minute Repeater.
I think it's platinum only.
But what the hell. Since I'm just spit-ballin' here.post #47678 of 4831212/21/15 at 12:37pmpost #47679 of 4831212/22/15 at 2:44pmFor those of you who swap out your own straps, what tool do you use? I suppose the Bergeon is the most well-known, but which one? The 6111 or 6767? I've read differing reviews on them and not sure which tool to go with.
I also came across the FB-504 from Ofrei:
The S&H is a bit excessive, though (half the cost of the tool).post #47680 of 4831212/22/15 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by dan'l
For those of you who swap out your own straps, what tool do you use? I suppose the Bergeon is the most well-known, but which one? The 6111 or 6767? I've read differing reviews on them and not sure which tool to go with.
I also came across the FB-504 from Ofrei:
The S&H is a bit excessive, though (half the cost of the tool).
6767-F all the way!post #47681 of 4831212/22/15 at 3:57pmpost #47682 of 4831212/22/15 at 5:31pmpost #47683 of 4831212/22/15 at 6:55pmpost #47684 of 4831212/22/15 at 9:15pmpost #47685 of 4831212/22/15 at 9:38pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 9 minutes ago
- › Green/Black Buffalo Check Wool Jacket - Brando Style 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FS: Sandro White Button-Down Oxford Work Shirt Union Made Small 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway