Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:55 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3157post #47341 of 4831211/27/15 at 7:37pmpost #47342 of 4831211/27/15 at 7:53pmIt is kind of "meh." I've never really been a fan of fluted bezzels, outside of perhaps the original Datejust or President. Agree it does look like the original speedy strap, but doesn't work as well here as it looks too chunky on the smaller/sleeker watch. I think it looks better on a leather strap.
The LE version of this looks awesome (the white gold on croc version).post #47343 of 4831211/27/15 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
As you can see, I had the same hairy wrist issue when trying on the above 2 skeletonized Cartiers, one of which apparently, you have also tried. I think the skin and hair ia going to be an even bigger issue with the Golden Bridge Corum you are looking at because of the very small movement relative to the case size, which results in very large open sections where your wrist will be visible through the sapphire crystal. I agree, skeletonized watches are a true art form, one that is often forgotten and under appreciated in a modern world of over sized watches. Only you can decide if this is the watch for you. However, as mentioned, if you decide to buy it get the best deal you can possibly get, and try to be sure its a keeper, as this could be a very very difficult watch to resell, or you might lose a lot when you sell or trade it, both because of its skeletonized design and the brand. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Just to make things clear, that cartier was a googled pic. I didn't try it. And I most definitely agree on the selling part. If I were to make the purchase, it would be like buying a piece of art instead of a watch. So its 12k immortalise into a watch. That skeletonized tank looks beat up, are u at some sort of meet up or something? doesn't seem like boutique quality.post #47344 of 4831211/27/15 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Novelty77
Just to make things clear, that cartier was a googled pic. I didn't try it. And I most definitely agree on the selling part. If I were to make the purchase, it would be like buying a piece of art instead of a watch. So its 12k immortalise into a watch. That skeletonized tank looks beat up, are u at some sort of meet up or something? doesn't seem like boutique quality.
I specifically emphasized the tough resell trade issue because you seem to sell/trade watches quite soon after you purchase them. For me although the case shape and movement are unusual, there is just far too much empty space with that style of movement , but if you love it, go for it.
As for the skeletonized Tank that was taken in the boutique and it was a brand new, perfect example. What you are noticing are marks on the plastic covering to protect the case (if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see where the plastic ends, going across the sections of the croc straps that closest to the case). My SA offered to take the plastic off, but I told her that wouldn't be necessary, (I wasn't seriously contemplating a purchase that day). Cheers and good luck with whatever you decide about the Corum.post #47345 of 4831211/27/15 at 10:53pmpost #47346 of 4831211/28/15 at 7:10ampost #47347 of 4831211/28/15 at 7:15ampost #47348 of 4831211/28/15 at 8:13pmQuote:
The if this is indeed an indication of a future date change, as indicated in the prior post, then Omega has a lot of learning to do.
Here is how Glashutte Original handles date change:post #47349 of 4831211/30/15 at 12:48ampost #47350 of 4831211/30/15 at 5:24ampost #47351 of 4831211/30/15 at 5:26ampost #47352 of 4831211/30/15 at 5:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Novelty77
Grats on your recent acquisitions guys!
Came across this particular watch that intrigued me deeply.
And the cost was much less i was expecting. Could the brand be the reason? Because the material:rose gold case/gold bridge/4 sided sapphire crystal and design is impeccable.
I'm talking abt the corum 50th anniversary golden bridge. Ard the 12kish usd mark.
Can anyone give me their thoughts on this watch?
I like that watch, I wouldn't mind if you bought it for me.post #47353 of 4831211/30/15 at 5:50ampost #47354 of 4831211/30/15 at 5:53ampost #47355 of 4831211/30/15 at 6:38am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Questions about - Mens Suits - "Dry clean only" 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ivy Style Luggage! Leather Briefcases, Coach and Bally... 5 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 7 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...