The movie reviews seem mixed, but I quite enjoyed Spectre.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3142post #47116 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:09pmpost #47117 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:19pmQuote:
I've not seen the movie yet. I'll be in the UK over Thanksgiving and thought I might take my 7-year old nephew to see it. He's a huge Bond fan. He's already seen Spectre (two big thumbs up from him!) and is itching to see it again.post #47118 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:27pmpost #47119 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:28pmQuote:
Boom. Congrats! I quite enjoyed Spectre too, like @Keith Tpost #47120 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:39pmQuote:
I saw that video over the weekend. What a thrill for the young man! The look of sheer joy and amazement on his face is priceless. He is very lucky. I also think it speaks very well of Daniel Craig.
Quote:Originally Posted by no frills
Boom. Congrats! I quite enjoyed Spectre too, like @Keith T
Thank you!post #47121 of 4831211/9/15 at 12:45pmLooks great @Andy57 I had two friends messaging me asking about the same watch this very week! Seems to be a hot item. Not usually a Seamaster fan, but I find this model particularly attractive.
Wear it in good health.
More pictures!post #47122 of 4831211/9/15 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by BostonHedonist
Looks great @Andy57 I had two friends messaging me asking about the same watch this very week! Seems to be a hot item. Not usually a Seamaster fan, but I find this model particularly attractive.
Wear it in good health.
According to the AD I bought it from, the entire 7007 watches in the edition were sold at pre-order. I don't know if that's true or if he was just trying to further sell me on how difficult it is to find. He also mentioned that they (an Omega authorized dealer in Palo Alto) had received an allocation of 2 pieces and most Omegas dealers and even boutiques receiving about the same. So, supposedly, the chances of walking into an Omega AD and picking one up are pretty slim. I did see one on display at a Tourbillon in Las Vegas last weekend, though.
The one I now have was pre-ordered and paid for in full by a collector, and, apparently, a very good customer of this particular store. I don't know who that was, but I have a guess. Anyway, when the watch came in, he changed his mind, declined delivery of the watch and bought something else instead. By a stroke of good luck, a friend of mine saw the watch in the store yesterday and let me know it was available. Although I had never bought anything from this particular store before, I have made some purchases at this store's sister store in San Francisco, so they gave me the courtesy of holding it for me for a couple of hours and I picked it up late yesterday afternoon.post #47123 of 4831211/9/15 at 2:38pmQuote:
The little boy kept wanting to hug Craig. I found that very touching.post #47124 of 4831211/9/15 at 6:04pmpost #47125 of 4831211/9/15 at 6:41pmNice gesture from DC - from what I've been reading he's been a bit 'prickly' during certain interviews regarding his time as Bond in Spectre, and the powers that be at Sony weren't too happy about the bad PR. So it's nice to see Craig having some much deserved fun. I thought he seemed gracious and in good spirits.
Oh yeah and congrats on the watch!post #47126 of 4831211/9/15 at 7:39pmpost #47127 of 4831211/9/15 at 9:26pmpost #47128 of 4831211/9/15 at 11:55pmQuote:
I'm waiting for peter watchacc to get back to me on a black croc with stitching strap. really looking forward to it. I've read some people recommend sizing down for croc straps by a mil, I presume to avoid rubbing. is this what you did?post #47129 of 4831211/9/15 at 11:58pmAnyone know the price for replacing a leather strap on a Calibre de Cartier? Thinking of maybe changing to a brown leather Alligator strap from black and Wear it until I save up enough for the AP Royal oak 41mm which I have fallen deeply in love withpost #47130 of 4831211/10/15 at 1:16am^
Camille Fournet is an OEM supplier for several serious brands, including Cartier. I've been very pleased with mine, and they're a pleasure to deal with in my experience. This will give you a price for whatever configuration you like:
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Price DROP Both worn once: Ferragamo black loafers ("Cannes") and... 53 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 38R Tenero Green Hopsack Sport Coat 10 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Sartorio by Kiton Super 110 Wool Suit 54 7R EU / 44 US... 10 minutes ago
- › Billy Reid NWT Grey Check Linen Blazer 40R Made in Italy 10 minutes ago
- › Zzegna Grey Knit Unstructured Blazers NWT XXL 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...