Sorry, I have no trivia to share about that. I always thought it a bit strange that the 6 is open, but the 6 in 26 is not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 11:08 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3099post #46471 of 483129/30/15 at 12:57pmpost #46472 of 483129/30/15 at 2:01pmQuote:
Yeah, I believe there's some good 70's stuff, but by and large there's more *really bad* 70's stuff .... and those are definitely the latter.post #46473 of 483129/30/15 at 3:24pmpost #46474 of 483129/30/15 at 4:22pmQuote:
Yes the 1970s and 1980s were tough times for watch companies and some of their offerings belong back in the 1970's with bell bottoms, pet rocks, and platform shoes.
Here are 2 unsuccessful spin offs from the RO and Nautilus
The rectangular RO and the elongated Nautilus 3770...both were quartz models
Genta designed the original golden Ellipse around 1968, and then someone at Patek said I just gotta have more watch case or more cowbell...unfortunately they went for more watch case with ref 3582
Here is the clean original Genta design ....
I'm not sure if this was the forerunner to the "Swatch Guard."
And of course all of the big names offered some sort of dress watch without lugs on a hammered or mesh braceletpost #46475 of 483129/30/15 at 7:23pmpost #46476 of 483129/30/15 at 7:52pmpost #46477 of 4831210/1/15 at 12:39ampost #46478 of 4831210/1/15 at 12:41am
Awesome choice - congrats. I've had mine c 8 years now and it's still my favourite. Enjoy.
Edit: just now looking on a bigger screen and you've really caught those blued hands beautifully.
Edited by Dachshund - 10/1/15 at 3:06ampost #46479 of 4831210/1/15 at 1:54ampost #46480 of 4831210/1/15 at 2:53ampost #46481 of 4831210/1/15 at 3:08ampost #46482 of 4831210/1/15 at 6:51ampost #46483 of 4831210/1/15 at 6:59ampost #46484 of 4831210/1/15 at 6:59ampost #46485 of 4831210/1/15 at 7:01am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Nespresso Club 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › 250 NWT Ermenegildo Zegna + Canali Suits 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 30 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 31 minutes ago
- › BNWT $5000 Ralph Lauren/Purple Label Made in Italy Lambskin-Leather... 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 41 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...