or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 309  

post #4621 of 48312
I am 100% sure KtownGreg can point you in the right direction...

/M
post #4622 of 48312
I have a number of watches, but I've been wearing this one a lot recently.




Despite its size, it fits well under a shirt cuff (Hackett tailored fit in this example)

post #4623 of 48312
^^^The strap in the top pic is rather unique, I've never seen one like it. It complements the watch well.
post #4624 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
Congrats on the PO pickup. Great watch.


Let's spice things up ...

Nice! I have the exact same Panerai. Where'd you get the leather straps? Are they OEM?
post #4625 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
^^^The strap in the top pic is rather unique, I've never seen one like it. It complements the watch well.

I think it is a Hirsch/Panerai Riva

/M
post #4626 of 48312


/M
post #4627 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrH View Post
I doubt this will stand the comparisons with you guys rocking APs, rolexes and whatnot, but anyways... here is my humble offering:



O&W M-4 on James Bond-nato (on top of some optimization calculus, lol)
Nice. I used to have one of O&W's hand-wound MP models and really liked it.
post #4628 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
I think it is a Hirsch/Panerai Riva

/M

Spot on. Hirsch Riva it is.
post #4629 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by danek718 View Post
Awesome watch. Anyone know where I can buy a leather band like the one above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
I am 100% sure KtownGreg can point you in the right direction...

/M

Check with Singular-Man. I'll have one to post next week..........
post #4630 of 48312
I am interested to see views on the colour of the watch face.

Black or white/neutral.

Whilst I'm curious as to preferences, I'm particularly interested in how a black or white/neutral face is considered to match or clash with clothes (shirt - jacket etc) colours and or tones.

Is there any received wisdom or tradition on the matter?
post #4631 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post
I am interested to see views on the colour of the watch face.

Black or white/neutral.

Whilst I'm curious as to preferences, I'm particularly interested in how a black or white/neutral face is considered to match or clash with clothes (shirt - jacket etc) colours and or tones.

Is there any received wisdom or tradition on the matter?
I prefer white or ivory/champagne dials. I've seen a few navy that I like but I am generally not a fan of black.
post #4632 of 48312
Black for sports and white for dress.

/M
post #4633 of 48312
A few from the herd - chrono/military section
post #4634 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrH View Post
I doubt this will stand the comparisons with you guys rocking APs, rolexes and whatnot, but anyways... here is my humble offering:



O&W M-4 on James Bond-nato (on top of some optimization calculus, lol)

Well made 'homage'. Great strap. Nice shot.
post #4635 of 48312
My new Spring/Summer casual watch! An automatic Seiko with a JCrew band.

(Sorry for the terrible iPhone quality picture)



Love it already, bought another color strap as well; I have a feeling I'll be buying a lot of these to swap out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)