Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 12:03am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3072post #46066 of 483129/3/15 at 7:07ampost #46067 of 483129/3/15 at 12:05pmpost #46068 of 483129/3/15 at 12:18pmpost #46069 of 483129/3/15 at 2:32pmpost #46070 of 483129/3/15 at 2:40pm
Posting on behalf of @mimo - who sent me these pictures via clandestine means and nefarious back channels...post #46071 of 483129/3/15 at 3:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by no frills
Posting on behalf of @mimo - who sent me these pictures via clandestine means and nefarious back channels...
Interesting - a mechanical, digital watch.
At the risk of sounding sacrilegious and being burned at the stake, the numerals remind me a bit of those old bedside clock radios with the "flip" numbers:post #46072 of 483129/3/15 at 4:40pmpost #46073 of 483129/3/15 at 5:32pmpost #46074 of 483129/3/15 at 6:14pmpost #46075 of 483129/3/15 at 6:45pmQuote:
If I'm not mistaken, Ferdinand A. Lange, was involved in the making of one of the first digital clocks in the 1840's for an opera house in Dresden. That seemed to be the inspiration for several of Lange's modern watches.post #46076 of 483129/3/15 at 6:51pmpost #46077 of 483129/3/15 at 11:24pmQuote:
Dino, you're correct, or at least that's what my Lange brochure tells me.
Thanks mimo/frills - worth the wait and combined effort. I love a bit of Zeiten-verken every so often. You'd need to have a cool job in architecture, or some other profession that permits the wearing of black rollneck sweaters, to pull it off. Maybe a highly successful, but avant garde, composer.post #46078 of 483129/4/15 at 2:36am
I've heard the same re. Dresden Opera House. I imagine the original was destroyed by my compatriots in 1945.
Even as a Lange fanboi, I've never been especially moved by the Zeitwerk. But as with many things, sticking it on the wrist makes all the difference. Damn, I'd wear it with anything! The weight and proportions are imposing, but the short lugs make it quite wearable. Not for the very slender gentleman perhaps, but anyone who could tolerate a ($100k) Radiomir could live happily with this.
The more observant of you will have noted from the second picture that it has an extra protrusion from the case. This one is the "Striking Time" - a quarter repeater version, hence the premium. Properly frillyvolous. And a bit bigger, but not so much I didn't want to run out of the shop with it. I was definitely moved.post #46079 of 483129/4/15 at 4:03am
Since we're talking about lange, I just got back my Saxonia from servicing and polishing.
I always wonder what does the stylise B at the back of the tang buckle stands for and took the
opportunity to ask them. he told me that Lange buckles are made by this company call Boucledor SA.
and the B is their logo. they do buckles for IWC and other high end brands as well.post #46080 of 483129/4/15 at 4:35am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 17 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 28 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 44 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...