Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3067post #45991 of 483128/28/15 at 10:49ampost #45992 of 483128/28/15 at 11:01ampost #45993 of 483128/28/15 at 11:14ampost #45994 of 483128/28/15 at 11:16ampost #45995 of 483128/28/15 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by academe
I've been gone for a little while, but wanted to share the latest addition to my small collection.
Warning: Click and you might see some awesomeness! (Click to show)
Congratulations and wear that beauty often @academe !
Had lunch with close friends earlier today and got the chance to try this one on. I've been jonesing for the all YG Sub with blue cerachrom bezel insert + blue sunburst dial, but this one just catapulted itself close to, or right to the top of the list.post #45996 of 483128/28/15 at 7:51pmpost #45997 of 483128/28/15 at 7:57pmpost #45998 of 483128/28/15 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by no frills
Congratulations and wear that beauty often @academe !
Had lunch with close friends earlier today and got the chance to try this one on. I've been jonesing for the all YG Sub with blue cerachrom bezel insert + blue sunburst dial, but this one just catapulted itself close to, or right to the top of the list.
Overall, I like it. Although, I'd prefer it on an Oyster bracelet both for its looks and they tend to survive wear & tear better, generally developing less "Stretch" than the "President" bracelets. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide...but my first vote goes to a YG Sub, next Day-Date on an Oyster bracelet.post #45999 of 483128/28/15 at 8:48pmpost #46000 of 483128/29/15 at 12:39amQuote:
That is a selection of enviable quality and balance. Great work!
Man, it's lucky that you have to buy watches in matching or equivalent pairs, isn't it? I mean, it's only fair to the girls. YG Sub. YG DD. The universe remains on its axis. :)
Is it my imagination, the photo angle, or just normal? The cross-cut on these nuts seem to be at an angle. I've noticed it in pics before so no aspersions cast on @alpyigit's beautiful ROO. But is this an illusion? On the ROs, the line always seems to run perpendicular to the sides of the hexagon, which in turn "point" to the centre of the dial. On several ROO pics I've seen, it looks like only the latter is true. Is it an optical illusion from bigger nuts (tee-hee) with deeper grooves?post #46001 of 483128/29/15 at 4:37ampost #46002 of 483128/29/15 at 4:59ampost #46003 of 483128/29/15 at 6:41amQuote:Quote:
I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys.post #46004 of 483128/29/15 at 12:59pmIs the Styleforum front page personalized, or has my Milgauss pic really been there for the whole week advertising this thread?
Anyway, first ding on the bezel. Tiny and my AD promised to take care for it for free, which I would say is pretty good service.
Also, JLC DSC went out to be regulated (+6 sec /day, which AD agreed is a bit much) and since local AD has only sales, not official service, watch flies to Netherlands and back. Estimated time two weeks, which sounds very reasonable after listening to some of your stories.post #46005 of 483128/29/15 at 4:03pmFirst ding, you should throw a party!
It's only now that the watch is really, officially yours!
Partly kidding of course, dings suck. But it beats locking watches away in safes and handling them only with white gloves. Enjoy your Milgauss!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 21 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Color #8 Alt Wien 7.5D - BNIB 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Color #8 Alt Wien 7.5D - BNIB 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 44-46R jackets! Boglioli, BBBF, LBM, D&G 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...