Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 9:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3055post #45811 of 483128/18/15 at 1:35pmpost #45812 of 483128/18/15 at 1:53pmpost #45813 of 483128/18/15 at 2:29pmpost #45814 of 483128/18/15 at 3:06pmpost #45815 of 483128/18/15 at 3:45pmpost #45816 of 483128/18/15 at 3:46pmpost #45817 of 483128/18/15 at 6:00pm
This past Sunday Mrs. Dino and I went with some friends for a day of Rolex, Porsches, polo and a picnic. Overall, a fun day. We had never seen a polo match before, so it was an interesting experience and the horses were really beautiful. Please excuse the bad camera phone photo, but the lighting that day made it tough to get good pix.post #45818 of 483128/18/15 at 8:45pmpost #45819 of 483128/18/15 at 10:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by 1up
Recently took an interest in quality watches. Purchased my 1st "real" watch, a Junghan Max Bill Chronoscope with the Milanese Strap.
Absolutely love it, big step up from the Uniform Wares watch (151) I had previously.
Hooked and already making a list of grail items to start building my collection
D-oh, not even a month into owning the watch and I smacked it on a chair and bent the bottom chronograph lug.
The bottom lug controls the reset for the chronograph. It still works when I push it, but I have to push it quite hard for the bottom dial (hours) to reset, the top dial (minutes) resets with minimal pressure comparatively.
But at the end of the day, it is mis-aligned and I don't want to risk further damage but pushing it in. I don't think this should be such a complex fix? Do I take it to any jeweller, or does it need to be an authorized Junghans dealer? I tried contacting Junghans but they are slow to reply.
Will I need to mail it in somewhere? How costly will this be?post #45820 of 483128/19/15 at 1:52am^
Yup, it sucks pretty bad when that happens.
It's a very good sign that the watch is still running well, though. I wouldn't worry too much about having damaged the movement by operating the chronograph; the actuator on a 7750 is simply a large flat surface that isn't affected by misalignment of the pusher. It should be an easy and not-too-expensive repair as long as the case threads aren't damaged.
I'd recommend to take it to a local watchmaker to check whether it's simply a bent pusher assembly that needs replacing. If so, ask Junghans if they'll send a new pusher to you or to the watchmaker. In my experience, German companies — at least those that aren't owned by one of the big three congolomerates — tend to be very reasonable about supplying parts. With any luck, a fresh part and a pressure test will leave your watch as good as new.
Cool watch, by the way. Those Max Bill designs are great!post #45821 of 483128/19/15 at 2:19ampost #45822 of 483128/19/15 at 2:32am
Is your only concern the size?
I realise that it's subjective and that watches larger (sometimes considerably larger) than 40mm are very popular right now, but I think that 36mm is a great size for a wristwatch unless you've got large wrists. I wear a 36mm Omega every day and it looks fine, in my opinion.post #45823 of 483128/19/15 at 3:45ampost #45824 of 483128/19/15 at 5:39amMy concern is not abt the size per say but the lange 1 itself. Would it be "trying too hard to own a lange 1" at 36mm? Is the 36mm made specifically for the ladies? what would your first impression be if u saw a guy wearing a 36mm lange 1 rather than the org 38mm? Having said so, I've yet to head down and try it on. Will get pictures and then seek ur opinions. It's aka the mini darth lange 1.post #45825 of 483128/19/15 at 7:16amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Novelty77
My concern is not abt the size per say but the lange 1 itself. Would it be "trying too hard to own a lange 1" at 36mm? Is the 36mm made specifically for the ladies? what would your first impression be if u saw a guy wearing a 36mm lange 1 rather than the org 38mm? Having said so, I've yet to head down and try it on. Will get pictures and then seek ur opinions. It's aka the mini darth lange 1.
I don't have an answer to your question as I don't have experience with said watch, but might I add that the rate at which you acquire new (I include used in there, as well) timepieces is impressive! I am a little bit envious, I'm afraid!
For what it's worth, a lot of watches of 36-38mm range fits well on most guys, except the occasional 7¾"+ wrist freak. I'm not afraid someone would give a second thought about you wearing a 36mm watch.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 17 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 32 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 37 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 42 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 57 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...