or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3054  

post #45796 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post

So are you saying they anti-big auction house or pro? They're shilling for them but they're also disparaging them?

Sorry if I was unclear. They disparage the big auction houses from time to time, yet simultaneously blanket coverage vintage watches - perfect lead in to setting up their own auction site it would seem.

I seem to recall that some time back there was also some coverage of some overpaid European - with a name worthy of a Bond villain - who made a living selling watches to even richer people via (?) Christies moving on to set up an new "independent" auction firm... not sure if the two ventures are linked.
post #45797 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

I wish i could count the watches i bought on a whim to scratch the itch of what i really wanted.
post #45798 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post


HAHAHAHA. i was SO afraid to open that link. I fully expected something NSFW. haha.

im more of a 1911 guy myself. wink.gif
post #45799 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


HAHAHAHA. i was SO afraid to open that link. I fully expected something NSFW. haha.

im more of a 1911 guy myself. wink.gif

+1 ...somehow picked up 3 last month.  Now I have to behave. 

post #45800 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

+1 ...somehow picked up 3 last month.  Now I have to behave. 

someone has Wilson Combat on order. Another year or so....shog[1].gif
post #45801 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

+1 ...somehow picked up 3 last month.  Now I have to behave. 

ive gone through probably 15 in the past year. Finally settled on a couple colts, kimber, and a couple dan wessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

someone has Wilson Combat on order. Another year or so....shog[1].gif

which one? I sold/traded mine for another dan wesson. I liked it, but i shot the DW so much better and liked the feel so much more i couldnt justify having it just to have a wilson.
post #45802 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

ive gone through probably 15 in the past year. Finally settled on a couple colts, kimber, and a couple dan wessons.
which one? I sold/traded mine for another dan wesson. I liked it, but i shot the DW so much better and liked the feel so much more i couldnt justify having it just to have a wilson.

nothing fancy, just CQB with some upgrades. Would love to get DW as well in the future.
post #45803 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

nothing fancy, just CQB with some upgrades. Would love to get DW as well in the future.

"nothing fancy' lulz. its a wilson. theyre fancy as fuck. wink.gif

They really are amazing pistols. I just couldnt justify keeping it and never shooting it. I cant recommend a DW more. You should definitely try one out sometime soon.
post #45804 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


ive gone through probably 15 in the past year. Finally settled on a couple colts, kimber, and a couple dan wessons.
 

All Colts this season, a Govt. 9mm XSE, a 70 series GCNM, and a Govt. WClapp.   Haven't had a chance to get any to the range...but my next will be a Dan Wesson.  

post #45805 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

All Colts this season, a Govt. 9mm XSE, a 70 series GCNM, and a Govt. WClapp.   Haven't had a chance to get any to the range...but my next will be a Dan Wesson.  

how you like that wiley clapp?? I bought the commander clapp a couple months back. Love it. love the grips. But that thing rattles like a son of a bitch. I was worried it wouldnt be very accurate, but it shot tight groups once i got used to the blacked out back sight and brass bead.
post #45806 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


how you like that wiley clapp?? I bought the commander clapp a couple months back. Love it. love the grips. But that thing rattles like a son of a bitch. I was worried it wouldnt be very accurate, but it shot tight groups once i got used to the blacked out back sight and brass bead.

Haven't gotten to try it yet. Hope to get it to the range in a few weeks when things slow down a bit.  However, I've heard nothing but great things about it !  

 

P.S.  Initially, I thought the grips were goofy looking, but they feel great and seem like they make a lot of sense.  

post #45807 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Haven't gotten to try it yet. Hope to get it to the range in a few weeks when things slow down a bit.  However, I've heard nothing but great things about it !  

P.S.  Initially, I thought the grips were goofy looking, but they feel great and seem like they make a lot of sense.  

agreed completely re: the grips. Really strange. but when i held it...feels so damn good. Keep me posted when you get some range time with it. Curious to hear your thoughts. It took me a couple magazines to get used to the sights.
post #45808 of 48312
Birthday outing

1a_zpshw5sl27j.jpg
post #45809 of 48312
Not sure if it's yours, or hers ... but Happy Birthday to somebody!!! happy.gif
post #45810 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


agreed completely re: the grips. Really strange. but when i held it...feels so damn good. Keep me posted when you get some range time with it. Curious to hear your thoughts. It took me a couple magazines to get used to the sights.

I'll be sure to let you know what I think, once I've had some range time with it.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Birthday outing

1a_zpshw5sl27j.jpg

Very nice pair of Rolex watches!  Happy Birthday!:cheers:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)