Leather is my least favorite when it's hot, just seems like the sweat is killing the band faster.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 11:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 3009post #45121 of 483127/13/15 at 8:36pmpost #45122 of 483127/13/15 at 9:37pmQuote:
I also don't care for leather bands when it's hot. Which is not to say I don't use leather bands in summer, but I find a steel bracelet more wearable. But speaking of leather, this arrived in the mail today. I hope it's an appropriate item the post in this thread, rather than the other watch thread:
It's a Magrette Vantage, one of 550. I've long thought about picking up a bronze watch and I liked the look of this one.post #45123 of 483127/13/15 at 9:40pmpost #45124 of 483127/14/15 at 1:04ampost #45125 of 483127/14/15 at 1:18am
Well, I did sold the PAM 176 and bought it back . I don't think it will be the case for the 424 thou, it was an impulse purchase and if I really miss the California dial, I'll probably go for the 249.Quote:
Agreed, I do own the SS Daytona and was expecting the GMT to be heavier given the thickness; looks hefty as well. It was abit of a disappointment for me, being SS.Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
Logically speaking, I'd say that you were missing that simple dress watch, and something versatile on a bracelet. So in your shoes, I'd maybe have gone for a Zenith dress watch o some sort and an Aqua Terra. But I'm looking forward to the reveal!
Just a long shot: yellow gold Lange 1, standard size. Just saw one in the window of a local dealer with whom I'm able to negotiate having hooked him up with a couple of sales recently. Shout if you want me to explore possibilities.
Mimo my man! u're right on da money!
Zenith Class Elite Dual Time!
Since i'm missing a dress watch and a GMT, why not have both in one!
Sorry to bore you guys with the unboxing but the Zenith "gold" plaque was interesting
and I wanted to share with u guys.
If I were to nip pick, I kinda dislike the border of the date aperture extending into the guilloche part of the dial.
Wrist SHOT! LOVE the quick set GMT hands at the 10! double up as a 24hr indicator when i'm not overseas.
What's a TWAT worthy watch? A speedy of course! Love the Co-Axial
chrono! complement my white Daytona nicely. Ever since lurking in the forum,
I knew I wanted a speedy, did a little research. Came across
and I was sold!
Its a lil pricely but the material they used and the finishing? worth it! I mean like down
to the details like the 18k WG indexes, ceramic buckle? come on! Love the depth of the dial not flat
like the PAM 292 I previously own. Most brands that offer ceramic watches doesn't have ceramic buckle.
This is the true ceramic watch IMHO.
Been looking at the Tudor black shield as well, and having seen in real life, it really pales in comparison
to the enhanced pictures on blogs and their website. The gold/brown on the dial is so underwhelming,
flat. Its quite a chunky piece as well.
Macaroons anyone? u can actually see the thickness of the dial via the date aperture.
Love that spiral finishing!
Wrist shots and first impressions later. Meanwhile enjoy the eye candies guys! Sorry for the poor picture quality, taken on a Samsung S5 &
the long post.
@no frills Hopefully u'll get your first omega! be the yang to my yin. Hope u get the reference!
just a sizing reference for your guys. 47mm x 44mm x 40mmpost #45126 of 483127/14/15 at 2:58ampost #45127 of 483127/14/15 at 4:02am
@Novelty77 hits it out of the park.
Awesome double kop. I like both of those. If I was going to nitpick I'd say I don't like the date window on either, but that's just me and date windows.
If you're looking to make it the triple and you want a heavy Rolex that still wears well then it's the Explorer II all the way.
Edited by Dachshund - 7/14/15 at 4:57ampost #45128 of 483127/14/15 at 4:59ampost #45129 of 483127/14/15 at 5:16ampost #45130 of 483127/14/15 at 6:22amQuote:
Not my ideal dresswatch but I think it's still makes it IMO. Dresswatch covers a broad spectrum of definition doesn't it? Borrow something from wus.
I know that a pocketwatch is also up in your list 😉post #45131 of 483127/14/15 at 6:55ampost #45132 of 483127/14/15 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by gopherblue
Attended the NY Horological Society's introductory Watchmaking 101 class last night, with three other lucky participants, including @tigerpac. We spent two hours in one-on-one instruction with certified graduate watchmakers from Rolex's RSC, learning about, disassembling and reassembling ETA 6497 movements.
I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in watches. It was a blast, and gives me even more appreciation for the talent behind my watches.
I got another email about it yesterday, and managed to grab a date in September before they all sold out. Looking forward to it!post #45133 of 483127/14/15 at 8:02amStowa is offering a sport version of the Flieger. The dial looks the same but a wider bezel. Also larger case and increased WR. I usually don't go for their special editions but I kind of like it.
https://www.stowa.de/lshop,showdetail,143688426115684,en,1436884261-15684,flieger,fliegerohnelogoklassiksport,2,Tshowrub--flieger,.htmpost #45134 of 483127/14/15 at 8:22ampost #45135 of 483127/14/15 at 8:31am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 seconds ago
- › All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Please help me find a shoe that fits. 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...