Holy hell that's next level.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2994post #44896 of 483127/4/15 at 6:20ampost #44897 of 483127/4/15 at 12:59pmpost #44898 of 483127/4/15 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by forex
I had one for literally 2-3 days but it never sat well on my wrist, it's blocky case never felt right and I had to let it go and get the new sea dweller. I never looked back, I think that SubC would be a great watch if Rolex didn't mess with the case and kept the tapered lugs similar to what they have done with the Sea Dweller.
I've owned both 116610LV and LN with one conclusion after getting my 16570 as a daily beater. The case is too big. 16570 is really my sweet spot and it works perfect on any kind of straps. SubC works on nato, but it doesn't fly and I literally hate when you put it on a leather strap (c'mon it's a diving watch - do you wear monk straps to the beach as well?).
The 16800 with painted index and sapphire crystal would definitely be a perfect daily beater.
Here's a pic on my 116610LV, bought it from the first owner to happened to be a NHL-star. Kind of fun, I play aswell (low division). :)
Edited by mildundklar - 7/4/15 at 4:39pmpost #44899 of 483127/4/15 at 4:53pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks everyone!post #44900 of 483127/5/15 at 6:52pm
So I recently had the chance to put a Red Sub on my wrist.
Couldn't believe where I found it: Club Monaco. Yes. That Club Monaco.... in the friggin' Galleria.
There was this little case near the cash register in the men's section, and it looked like they had a few watches.
Naturally, I step closer to get a better look, and .... what the? Could it really be? Along with a vintage Pepsi GMT and a Datejust.
This little jewel:
They were asking $12,500. Sales dude was clueless. I started to point out a couple of vintage features, like the lug holes, the silver date wheel etc. And he chimes in, "Yeah, I think they only made like 4 or 5 of these." LOL.
Anyway, the bezel was actually locked up on it. I could not get it to rotate, so who knows what kind of shape it would be in, as far as the movement.
Nonetheless, it was great to get to see one in the flesh, and briefly try it on. And I can 100% guarantee that the photo does NOT do it justice.
It absolutely had an internal glow about it. Nice creamy markers, bezel was slightly faded to a deep charcoal. And of course, the RED. You know about the red.
Of course I ain't buyin' no vintage Rolex from that kind of retailer, and I'd probably want better provenance and an oyster bracelet, but I must say that I was grateful to .... uh, share a moment.
1680 might have to go to the top of the "must buy" listpost #44901 of 483127/5/15 at 8:53pmpost #44902 of 483127/5/15 at 8:57pmpost #44903 of 483127/5/15 at 9:13pmpost #44904 of 483127/5/15 at 11:59pmpost #44905 of 483127/6/15 at 1:53ampost #44906 of 483127/6/15 at 4:05ampost #44907 of 483127/6/15 at 4:12ampost #44908 of 483127/6/15 at 5:10ampost #44909 of 483127/6/15 at 5:53ampost #44910 of 483127/6/15 at 6:02amSlightly related to Keith T's story above about selecting the seller... I thought I had made a decent deal and with the warranty, I decided last week to make a purchase. I also told the seller to have a last checkover on the watch before sending it. Got email today from Paypal that my purchase was fully refunded and the dealer sent me a very short mail about "finding a problem while packing the watch".
In the end probably a good thing, lesser seller would have just sent it over and pushed his luck.
The other vintage kop is still on the way, btw.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 53 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Gianni Volpe - Naples 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway